Friday, October 20, 2006

Emeril's Spicy Nuts

Okay, this has nothing to do with Emeril or his spicy nuts, but Mrs. Ca had a funny post about watching Emeril one morning. Reading that post reminded me of a funny little story.

As a kid we used to do our grocery shopping in "the city." There is a Crest Foods there. Crest is like a warehouse grocer. Anyway, we had made a trip up to get groceries and Mom decided that since we had behaved while shopping, she would get us a treat at Sonic. I honestly don't remember what I got but, my sister wanted a hot fudge sundae. She ordered it and then said, "Do you have nuts?" She wasn't old enough to realize what she had just said. We couldn't hear the teenage boy's response over all of our laughter. I guess he did have nuts because when the carhop brought our order out, her hot fudge sundae was covered in nuts.

Just a few funnies about this post that didn't make it in the previous paragraph. They just didn't fit.

Every trip to the grocery store Mom would have to turn around and tell us to shake a leg. Meaning hurry it up. But what do you think we would do? Yep, stand there in the middle of the aisle and shake a leg. Oh, the good times at the grocery store.

And at the Sonic, the carhop wore roller skates. Speaking of Sonic, has anyone seen the Sonic commercial about blogging? It is too funny! I laugh everytime I see it. I am trying to get the look down so I can use it on McD. HA! Anyway, Brian, the guy in the commercial with his wife, really does have a blog. If you check it out be sure to look at his About.

5 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

Mornin' Julie,
Great nuts story. I thought I was about to get knee deep in calf nuts like over at Ree's asylum, but no just Sonic nuts. Will check out the link more thoroughly when I'm not dealing with Bubba just having been sprayed by a skunk.
He's now in the house.

10/20/2006 8:05 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

LOVE Sonic - used to go all the time in SC - there isn't one close to me up here in MN *sigh*

That whole shakin a leg thing - yep I used to do it too and my kids do it - we are such smart elecks

10/20/2006 8:41 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

well - bummer. We don't have any Sonic's in Oregon. I have been to one before when in visiting other places. So - I don't get to see any of their commercials.

But one time, I went to a TCBY with my sister. I ordered a yogurt with Reese's peanut butter cups. The girl made it and as she was handing it to me she said, "Here's your Reese's Penis".

She went red and my sister and I died laughing on the floor.

10/20/2006 8:55 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

oh..I'd eat hot fudge sundae with nuts for breakfast. (prefer pecans.. but I won't be picky)
When someone tells a funny like this it always makes my mind start whirling to the sillys that happened .
good memories.... what a way to start the day


oh nuts to blogger.
here's my 3rd attempt. no word verification - it just wasn't there

4th attempt refused me

10/20/2006 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A hot fudge sundae sounds yum right now (and its 7.45am) , lol at the stories though sounds like something my sister and i would of done

1/10/2008 1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home