Monday, June 12, 2006

Adventures with Granny

Everytime I am with my Granny it seems we are on some kind of adventure. Even if we are just shopping, something happens.

Granny rarely comes to visit me and this is fine. I should be the one making the two hour trip to her house. But she decided to come and check out our new home one day (years ago...we are now in the big fifth wheel). We almost always go shopping when we are together, which is fine with me. I am not a big shopper, but we always find some bargains.

She had just gotten a new mini van and wanted me to drive her around in it. All I could think about was that I was actually going to be driving a mini van. But I had sworn I would "never" drive a mini van. (Never say never!) We got in her van and off we went. We had lunch at the mall and shopped there for a while. Then for some reason she wanted to go to K-Mart. So off we went.

In Kmart she didn't find what she wanted, so we left. We walked out the door and got into her van. Or what we thought was her van. We were in someone else's van! Apparently, they did not lock their vehicle and we were sitting in it. I thought I had unlocked her van with the keyless entry fob, but I could not get the key to work and told her that something was wrong. After mentioning the problem to her I noticed that all of her "valuable treasures" usually in her van were not there. The fluffy sheepskin things were not on the seat belts and more importantly her Bible was not in between the seats.

She started laughing so hard I didn't know if she was going to be able to get out of the van. I was just worried the owner would show up before we got out of there. We rushed (as fast as a granny can) to her van and just sat there for a minute howling. It was just too funny!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home