Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A City Girl Visits the Country

If you have horses then you will know what I am about to say is true. When city people find out you have horses they automatically want to come and ride them. Agree?

Well, that is kind of what happened. A co-worker's daughter, that is about my age, asked if she could go riding. She is a very nice girl and I like her a lot, so I said yes. The doctor I worked for is a horse man, so he insisted that I take the afternoon off...just to take Jennie riding. It was great! I was out of the office!!

She had been riding before, in my presence - just not my horse, and she rode quite well. I had no reservations.

We saddled up and caught up with McDreamy, who was out checking cattle. We meandered around the ranch looking at cattle, longhorn cattle and other sites. McD's horse had to stop to do his business, as horses often do. He raised his tail and proceeded to take a crap right in front of Jennie. She was astonished! Not that he was doing his business, she had witnessed that before. But her exact words were...

"Holy crap!!! That is the largest sphincter I have ever seen!"

Spoken like a true city girl!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Dang, those sphincters really ARE huge!

6/10/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Oh you should see the draft horses' sphincters, they are even bigger!!! ;)

6/11/2006 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home