Saturday, June 17, 2006

Earth. Wind. Fire. Water.


IT RAINED!

And it is supposed to rain some more!

1.2 inches is not a lot compared to what we need. It is a start though and you won't hear me complaining.

We are weird folks. I will admit it now. I won't deny it. We headed out to see the clouds and rain coming in. See. Weird.

Off to our west there was a strange pink color to the clouds. It was almost 10 p.m. at this time so we knew it had nothing to do with the sunset. But that is the kind of look it had. McDreamy got bored with it all, or wanted to see the Severe Thunderstorm Warning one and went in the house. I went into the house to see if I could capture the pinkish clouds on camera. I couldn't. But when I made it back outside the pink was coming up from the ground. FIRE!

When you live out in the middle of no where and need rain as badly as we did. This can freak a person out. So I am worried about the fire. McD said it wasn't one, so quit worrying. Less than 5 minutes later we are smelling the smoke. And the wind was blowing like crazy. In our direction.

Thank goodness the rain came when it did.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

Glad to hear you got rain when you needed it. We did too...and we needed it as well. Everything has been on fire around here as well (FL).

thansk for stopping by my blog. My major is Liberal Arts. Not quite what i would like it to be, but hey- its a degree. you said you're a student too--whats your major?

6/18/2006 10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home