Monday, June 26, 2006

Momma Mia



Everyone meet Mia!

Mia (previously known as Baylor) found us on May 15th. She and one of her young, now known as Woody.



We ran an ad in the paper for a week. The only calls we received were calls from people wanting the puppy. No one wanted the Momma dog. We had started calling her Momma Mia, but have shortened it to just Mia.

We gave the puppy to some friends. Decided we would keep her. Hoss (our other dog) needed a friend. And they were already inseparable. So we couldn't send her away now. Then we made an appointment to have her spayed. (We didn't need any puppies!)

At 10:45 p.m. on May 28th we received a call. Well, I think it is totally rude to call someone after 10 unless it is an emergency. So, I did not answer the phone. I did listen to the message. I was furious!! It was the Owner of the dogs! At almost 11! Don't they have any manners? I was ticked off. I could hardly sleep! So.....

I called them back at 6:30 a.m. and Yes! I woke their butts up!! I was so pleased! Two can play at that game. They woke me up the night before.

I told them that we gave the puppy away. It went to a good home, yada yada. He said that is all he cared about. I told him that I could bring him the momma dog. And he paused. He paused! Okay...your dog has been missing for who knows how long and you pause!? Then he says, "Well, I really don't want her." WHAT!? "Do you want her?" This is where I paused. Trying to choose my words wisely. I said, "We had already decided that we would keep her. So I guess we will." I then asked him how long they had been missing - he said they ran off the day before they found us. If that is the truth then he didn't feed her. We could count each and every rib when she came here. They only live a couple of miles away.



We found out her age, that they are full-blood, and that this was her second litter of pups. Oh and her name, well...we didn't think she looked like a Baylor (isn't that more of a boy name?).

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't beleive people like that. She's gorgeous- and definitely a Mia. She'll be so much happier with you!

6/27/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

If that knucklehead didn't want the dogs, why the hell did he call you?!

I live on a reasonably remote property and over the past 3 years have had 4 dogs dumped in the vicinity, actually one was a runaway and the owner was overjoyed to get him back. The other 3 ended up in a shelter after several weeks of advertising and asking people it they would take them. It's sad. My 2 dogs and 2 cats have all come from shelters.

6/27/2006 7:16 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

By the way, I don't accept phone calls after 9:30pm (for the same reason you don't), ie rude and thoughtless.

6/27/2006 7:22 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Goodness! I am so thankful that Mia found you. She was obviously abused, but now she looks so beautiful! I can't stand someone who mistreats an animal. Jerks!!

6/28/2006 5:02 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Mia is very lucky to have met you for her new family!!!

6/28/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Karen - Thanks! We tried to call her by Baylor, but she didn't respond to it like she did to Mia. I just wanted to see if she would come by that name, I wouldn't keep it. She needed to be in the Witness Protection Program. :)

Willowtree - That is kind of what I wanted to ask, why call if you don't want them. I really think he just wanted the puppy. Oh well! Woody is very happy where he is. I saw him just the other day.

Songbird - I am with you, glad she found us. I sometimes think things happen for a reason. :)

Humble beginnings - She IS having a blast, and so is our other dog, Hoss. It was a match made in heaven. :)

7/03/2006 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home