Monday, June 19, 2006

Mortifying Moment

With the U.S. Open ending yesterday I thought I would toss out my mortifying golf experience.

Many years ago, more than ten, McDreamy and I along with some friends had taken to playing golf. Basically, we chased that stupid little white ball. But we practiced at the driving range quite often. Had even gotten a little better. And then...

Then one evening our friends called wanting to go to the driving range. Sure. We'd love to. When we arrived there were only a few other people there. We all got our balls, lined up and started driving that stupid little white ball. If you've never been to a driving range here is how it is set up. There is a long row of golf bag rests about 15 feet or so apart. Or that is how it is here.

We are talking and laughing. Having a good time. When I pull out a driver and tee up. When my club hit the ball something went terribly wrong. Really. Really. Wrong. It did not go straight out into the range. It went straight up the person's butt that was standing in front of me. I can still picture it to this day. We had no idea who he was. He grabbed his hiney. I hit the ground howling with laughter. Trying to apologize all at the same time. Everyone else in my party was laughing. We were in tears we were laughing so hard. Oh the poor guy. He kept a hold of his hiney. Packed up his stuff and got the you know what out of Dodge.

Needless to say...no one would ever stand in front of me again at the range. Now. I just don't go.

14 Comments:

Blogger Kristie said...

i needed a good laugh this morning... :)

6/19/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Glad I could help out!! ;) Hope you have a good day! It is sprinkling here again, and it wasn't in the forecast!! Yippee!

6/19/2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

What a funny story!!

6/19/2006 12:08 PM  
Blogger M J said...

Hi Julie! Thanks for stopping by!

I wonder if the poor gentleman has a golf ball bruise on his butt... also wonder how he would explain that one.

Too funny! Love your pictures!! Your ginger furr-baby-kitty is a dead wringer for my dearly departed feline:

http://thefates3.blogspot.com/2005/02/best-laid-plans-at-eighteen-years-old.html

Same facial markings, although I believe your guy/girl is a bit more peachy... Casey was definitely pumpkin-y orange. Gotta love those ginger cats.

I shall return!

6/19/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Too funny. He sounds like he was a poor sport about it. I probably would have laughed and moved away from you a little, but not pack up and leave. If I had been the one doing the hitting, I would have laughed too. Guess things like this are why America's Funniest Home Videos is one of my favorite shows.

6/20/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

mrs. ca - we also love America's Funniest Home Videos. Too bad this golf story wasn't on video - I could have won!!

6/22/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Oh my goodness, thanks for the laugh this morning. DH thought I was going crazy laughing at the monitor tho, hee hee.

6/25/2006 9:18 AM  
Blogger JenLo said...

That is pretty funny! Found you through BChicks.

6/25/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Wow - that was some butt slice! Too funny...now I don't feel so bad being a bad golfer! hee hee.

6/25/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Yeow! I probably wouldn't return either.

Makes me think of Seinfeld's "Fusilli Jerry".

By the way, found you through Blogging Chicks.

6/25/2006 8:33 PM  
Blogger Malissa said...

that is really funny:) Sounds like something I would do for sure

Visiting from the Blogging Chicks

6/25/2006 10:02 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hey guys! I am gonna be a little lazy and hit a few of these comments all at once...

lil duck duck - McDreamy has pretty much quit thinking I am crazy, he just joins in on the craziness!

jenlo, chi, malissa - thanks you guys! Glad this one was a fun or funny ride at the Carnival!

kamryn r - Butt Slice! That is great, I will have to remember that one.

tracey - Aw! Yes! Gotta love Seinfeld!

Thanks to everyone for going to the Carnival. I have yet to make it there.

6/26/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger the lizness said...

okay, that sounds so much like something I would do ... butt slice, that is hilarious

from the carnival

6/26/2006 8:10 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Here from the BC carnival :)

Oh NO WAY! I am laughing so hard at the mental image of a guy getting hit in the rear with a golf ball. No worries, it sounds EXACTLY like something I would do. The only kind of golf I can play is mini-golf and I'm not even that great at that...

6/28/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home