Saturday, June 03, 2006

Mother Nature's Alarm Clock



Every morning since late March, turkeys gobbling has been Mother Nature's way of waking me. The first time it happened, I sat straight up in bed and made McDreamy listen for it as well.

We had both grown up in the country but had never witnessed turkeys so close. Now we are on turkey row. At times we have seen approximately 50 in one spot. Usually in the middle of the road.

All day long we hear the gobbles. These days we don't jump up and run to the window. Okay, maybe we still do. It will never get old.

This is just another reason we love living in the country.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

I'm so jealous. All I've got are wild horses, cattle, and 3 stinky dogs. And 4 stinky children.

6/03/2006 9:26 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Well, I am a little jealous myself. I wish I could see those wild horses. :) It's the 4 stinky children I couldn't deal with. ;)

6/03/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Globble, Globble !

10/02/2006 7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home