Thursday, June 15, 2006

My New-found Gift of Dowsing

Dowsing is a new term for me. I grew up hearing it called witching, or water witching.

Dowsing is the action of a person -- called the dowser -- using a rod, stick or other device -- called a dowsing rod, dowsing stick, or divining rod -- to locate such things as underground water, hidden metal, buried treasure (yea, right), oil, etc. Since dowsing is not based upon any known scientific or empirical laws or forces of nature, it should be considered a type of divination. The dowser tries to locate objects by occult means. That is why it is also known as "witching for water."

We drilled for water on Tuesday, and got nada, nothing, zilch! They drilled through 40 feet of shale and after pulling the drill out saw nothing but dust. It was a sad day. These guys have got it made. Sure it IS a lot of work, I will give them that. But they do not believe in "witching", they just pick a spot they think there might be water and they go for it. To me there is something wrong with that picture. Wouldn't you want to know that there is a good chance you will hit water instead of just a shot in the dark?

After basically just throwing away all that money, see they still charge even if they don't find water. Might find water, might not...still get paid. It kind of chaps me.

After throwing the money down a deep, dry hole...I decided I was going to try to witch some water. They say some people have the gift, and other do not. Our neighbor told me that she had some rods and we would test my ability at her house. She knows where there is water there and I do not. So...we did it! I did it!! It was so exciting!

Then we spent the next 3 hours witching water on our place. Now we have an idea where the water is, and we are going to get someone that has been doing it a while to see if he finds water in the same places we did. :) This man we will have witching has already witched us one well, so we know he can do it!

Then we can drill with a little more confidence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home