Friday, June 02, 2006

"What the Crap?"

Bad Words. Cussing. Cursing. Swearing.

Have you ever noticed that you can cuss and swear all you want when the right people are around, but when your 3 year old, Mother, Grandmother, or Preacher is around you are on your best behavior?

McDreamy and I decided to quit cussing. Cold Turkey. It was a lot easier for me, until I got mad at something. It was a little more difficult for McDreamy. He is at work all day and those guys cuss like sailors. Bless his heart, he is trying.

He is trying so hard. He has been using the cover-up words. You know. Crap, heck, dang, shoot, etc.

On our way back from OKC one night, I noticed he was saying the silliest thing I think I had ever heard.

"What the Crap?"

I tried and tried not to laugh, but I just had to tell him how silly it sounded. I don't think he believed me. So, yes, I had to start saying it. Just so he could hear it for himself. He agreed that he had to find another phrase.

One of the most recent cover-up words is blue-blazes. "What in the blue-blazes?"

Now it is a joke between us. And it still gets a giggle out of me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Ha! I can tell this is going to be my new favorite phrase. What the crap are you doing, Alex? Bryce, what the crap is your problem?

6/02/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

If just telling McD he sounds funny isn't enough, you might like to remind him that the phrase was commonly used by Frank Barrone (the old geezer in Everyone Loves Raymond), if that mental image doesn't dissuade him I don't know what will.

7/10/2006 11:52 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Am just wandering around this morning like I have nothing better to do...pack, maybe?
I try so hard to watch my tongue and will manage to not say a bad word for weeks. Then, just out of the blue, my IQ level plummets and I forget...when I'm excited or angry usually.

10/02/2006 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home