Thursday, June 29, 2006

Working Girl

Sunday afternoon McD and I were working hard around here. He was cutting down cedar trees, big and small. I was chopping thistles before they went to seed. I will admit, I am not very attractive when I work. Let me paint this picture for you. I had really old jeans on, a tank top, work boots, my hair up in a pony tail with all kinds of shorter hairs popping out everywhere. You ladies can relate, can't you? No make up on. And I was sweating like a man.

I carry my camera with me wherever I go. So I just happened to have it when we went by one of my favorite trees. It is the perfect tree for photos. McD agreed to let me take a few photos of him on that tree.



We get out and 25 shots later he decides to take a photo of me. Oh no! I carry the camera and take photos for a reason...so I am not in them. Put me in a professional studio and I love it. But in snapshots I look like an idiot. Gotta have that professional touch, called an airbrush. LOL

Muncy Photography - see if you can find me and McD. I secretly wanted to be a model. Shhh!!! Don't tell anyone.

So I get on the tree. I smile. I look like crap. But I smile anyway. You will notice the photos of me are not here. Sorry. Somethings just aren't meant for the net. If someone needs a photo to scare pests out of the garden let me know. We may be able to work something out.

But then he did it, he made my day. He went on and on about how good I looked. Of course I laughed. You can imagine the conversation. No make up. Hair a mess. But apparently he likes the way I look when I am out there working.

Thank goodness. Cause I think I am pretty scary.

He really knows how to make me feel good. And I love him for it!!

2 Comments:

Blogger M J said...

Ohh I found you both! Wow.. beautiful pictures.

At least I think that's you... a profile pic... light colored hat? Gotta be you.

Do you know someone at Muncy Photography? The photos are more than photos... its like a moment in time captured forever.

6/29/2006 3:08 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

You got it! That is me.

Yes, my best friend is "Muncy" and we have so much fun in her studio! And out! She is really very good. I passed on your comments - so she would know I am not the only one who sees her work that way. Thanks! You even made her day!

7/03/2006 8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home