Thursday, July 27, 2006

Movies Movies Movies

Now that classes are over I feel like a completely different person. I can do what I want. When I want. And usually how I want. This past week I went to see two movies!! More than I have seen in months!!! Then we watched one on PPV last night. Here are a few little reviews.

Movie #1 - The Devil Wears Prada
Good in a silly kind of chick-flickish way. My friend Muncy and I made a night of it. There weren't very many people there (bonus). There were parts where we literally laughed out loud. If you have ever had a witchy boss, you both understand and like it. But this is not a movie I would purchase or watch again.

Movie #2 - Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest
Good movie! A bit darker than the first Pirates, but good! There were several comical parts and one jump scene. McD and I had a date night. I had almost forgotten what that was like. :)

I interrupt this post to report that there is rain falling from the sky. I repeat rain falling from the sky. (Please understand - everyone around us has gotten rain and we are in desparate need of a little rain!) Now you may return you to your blog reading.
(This was written - last night @ 11ish because I am headed to see my Granny today.)

Movie #3 - Glory Road
Great movie!!! Will watch it again! I hope everyone sees it. I laughed. I cried. I blamed it on my allergies. I loved it! Even if you are not a fan of sports, or of basketball...you will still like this movie. Granted you have a heart. Oh and granted that you are not racist. It is about black (not colored...see the movie and you will get this) basketball players - not just any basketball players. The first team to start all blacks in a college basketball game - NCAA championship game. Okay, I have to stop there or I will be telling the whole story. (This one we watched on PPV.)

If you have seen any good movies and want to recommend some, please do. I love the movies!

1 Comments:

Blogger SongBird said...

Yes!! Rained here all day. And we needed it something awful. As for movies.....I took my nieces to see Over The Hedge earlier this summer. It was hilarious. I usually don't like "kiddie" movies, but this one was great.

7/27/2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home