Saturday, August 05, 2006

Blog - Blog - Blog

This week's BloggingChicks Carnival theme is "What I Love About Blogging." I really had to think about this one. This is what I came up with...

Blogging is like an internet reality television show. When a reality show comes on television I tell myself I am not going to watch it. Then I get sucked in!! Well, that is how I see blogging. I can go to all these different blogs and get a peek into other people's lives. How sick is that? But we all do it. If we didn't - there wouldn't be all those television shows, or magazines that tell what all the celebrities are doing or wearing. (I can't wait for the Amazing Race to start!!)

Sometimes it makes you feel almost normal because there is usually someone out there either going through what you are going through, or they have already written about it. Or you find that your family isn't near as dysfunctional as you thought they were. Because they are all like that.

I really liked my friend, Willowtree's post about why he likes blogging. (I thought it would be nice to put a reference here since he, well - HE can't join the blogging CHICKs carnival.) I would not have know there was this really cool bloke in the outback if I didn't blog!!! Now I have a new friend. There are a lot of other new friends as well, and a couple of old friends too.

I love blogging because sometimes it can be a bit of a release. Of stress, anxiety, or whatever. I am glad I joined the blogging world! Aren't you?

10 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Know what you mean. I'm always popping in your "living room." I have you tagged in my favorites. Everymorning b4 I go to work I peak to see whats happening with you and Pensieve, The Pink Diary, Dreaming What Ifs.., Fulltime Everything... on and on.
I've got Willowtree marked, and I think I met him at your house.
My co-worker even reads you now and she doesn't even blog. Thanks for sharing.

8/05/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So True, lol I do it I have to admit it I have to see what is going on in other people's lives. Nice to know they suffer from the same day to day stuff I do lol

8/05/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

You hit the nail on the head.

By the way, thanks for the link, I was somewhat confused by the number of people who left comments, it was a real buzz! Now I understand how they got there.

Is there pillow fights and stuff with the Blogging Chick Carnival? or is that kind of question why men aren't invited? :)

8/06/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I get sucked in by reality TV too....

Survivor - OH YEAH

Americal Idol? Umm yep - so much so that I re-caps - I am in such a desperate need of a life...hehe

Hell's Kitchen - YEP

Amazing Race..uh huh...

Blogs - all over them!

You Rock!

8/06/2006 12:29 AM  
Blogger Anna Venger said...

I've made some great friends blogging too. I guess because I think of them as friends, I don't think of it as voyeurism. Sorry your friend can't join. I guess we wouldn't like it much if there was a man's only blog roll, but we're chicks and we can get away with it. :)

8/06/2006 3:38 AM  
Blogger Mall Worker said...

I never really thought of blogging like Reality TV, and I just have to say, I love, and agree with it! I'd have to say that its better in a way, you don't have to wait a week to see the reaction to the new Twist!

8/06/2006 11:59 AM  
Blogger Occidental Girl said...

The blogosphere is an unusual yet wonderful place to meet people and commiserate, or laugh, or whatever!

8/06/2006 1:59 PM  
Blogger CyberCelt said...

There are some bloggers on Blog Explosion who are actually doing Survivor type blogging. I am not sure how it works exactly, as I am not the Survivor type, but I remembered this when I read your post.

8/06/2006 5:26 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Blogging gives you a sense of community. I find it surprising!!! And also, like reality shows - you can read someones life and decide, "hey, I'm not that messed up!"

8/06/2006 7:06 PM  
Blogger Gina Conroy said...

Reality blogging! Great analogy. I too get sucked into those reality tv shows. I wonder if my blogging will suffer when the new episodes start hitting the air waves?

8/07/2006 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home