Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cheyenne Mountain Zoo


I completely forgot one of the best parts of our trip to Colorado Springs was our trip to the zoo. Cheyenne Mountain Zoo is supposed to be a really neat zoo. It was a good zoo. But I think my expectations were kind of high since we had just been to San Diego Zoo earlier this year. We still had fun though!

One of the best parts of the whole day was getting to pet the 6 month old Kangaroo. Yep! I got to pet it! So did Poohs and Punky, and their Mom and Dad. I don't think McD did. I was too busy trying to get photos of the kids petting the little baby, but those other annoying kids wouldn't get out of the way! So no photos of that. Sorry! Then as we were leaving the Kangaroo/Wallabee area a Wallabee came right at me. None of us realized that they were hopping loose (running loose, hopping loose - get it?). It was kind of neat too.

I even got to feed a giraffe and pet one of them too! I had to be kind of sneaky about it because the giraffes would not let you pet them if you weren't feeding them. And I had my camera in one hand and the cracker in the other so I asked a little boy if he would feed the giraffe the cracker so I could pet it. He did it. One bonus for him, he was with two other kids so their mom or whoever was with them had only given them one cracker each, so he got to feed the giraffe again. I think he liked feeding it as much as I liked petting it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love going to the zoo. Mr. Cheeky and the kids are going this week with the MIL but I am not sure if I am going to be able to go or not - depends on how much work I have.


Sounds like you had a GREAT time!

8/14/2006 7:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cool pic

8/14/2006 9:28 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Cheeky? How can you miss the trip to the zoo!?

We did have a great time!

Thanks dakota!

8/15/2006 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home