Friday, August 04, 2006

Feeling Froggy


The drought has killed some turtles, but I found lots of frogs.

Yesterday I was checking some of the cows and I always go by the spring fed pond to make sure there aren't any calves, cows or horses stuck in the mud. I took my camera with me because I wanted to get some photos of the frogs and turtles before this pond goes completely dry. The spring has gone dry so now it is only a matter of time.

Some of the frogs cooperated, but some seemed to hop on water. The only turtles I found were deceased. I found a skeleton of the insides of a turtle. That was something I hadn't seen before. But my memory card was already full! I am trigger happy when it comes to photos.

Here are a few of the frogs...






There are more photos on my Flickr site.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

that sucks about the turtles but great frog pics

8/04/2006 9:32 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Shit! not another set of eyes staring at me!!! I'm starting to get paranoid.

Anyways, nice photos. Too bad about the memory being full, a skeleton would have put you right up there with Ree :).

8/04/2006 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home