Thursday, August 10, 2006

If It's Not One Thing...

it's another.

For some reason Flickr is not cooperating today so I will have to do posts with photos after we get home.
Just FYI, now on with the post.

Last night we, a friend and I, decided that we would join the group of ladies that were going on a tour of the hotel this morning. It started at 9 a.m. and was supposed to last an hour. It wasn't what we expected, but it was a lot of fun and we did learn some interesting things about the hotel and about some of the ladies taking the tour with us. Most of these ladies we have known for some time now but you never really know someone, lol.

(Just have to say - the band outside of my balcony is playing my song...Brown-eyed Girl! Yes, Cheeky, I am dancing around. I kicked the chair back (literally) and am dancing as I type. I want to just hang off of the balcony and help them out!)

Okay back to the post. After the tour we decided to do a little shopping. Red flags were popping up every where. Why? The only piece of clothing that had a price tag on it was a pair of the jeans I had bought right before the trip and the original price on them was less than the price back home. BUT, I bargained on mine and got them at a discount. A small discount, but it was still a discount. The dress I tried on was adorable! BUT, it didn't have a price tag and the lady was pushing me too hard. I just walked away. Walked right into a make-up store. I won't say names, but if you really want to know you can email me. I don't know what kind of make-up you all use, but I would be anxious to know because I am in the market for new make-up. Do you like what you use? My good friend had been by the shop yesterday and had told them we would be coming in to have our faces done. We walked in. Took our seats. Was offered glasses of water, accepted. Then the fun began. I love having someone put make-up on me. Why? I don't know.

Keep in mind this little girl is trying to sell the product. Everything from the cleanser to the brushes. Not that it was unusual, just setting the scene. When we were finished she decided to ring up everything that I wanted. Keep in mind that they did not discuss prices with you. They just assume you will leave your arm and leg there as you pay. They rang it all up. I had a figure in my head of what it would cost, but the total was much more. Just shy of $600. Make-up. $600. Those should not be in the same sentence. Well, after the small stroke, I asked them if I could think about it and come back later with my list. I told them that I refused to spend that much money on make-up today. That wasn't even everything she used on me. This crap better look good all night long!

After we left the make-up store we went back to the Bee. Well, we had lunch there and it was delicious. But there wasn't a piano player at lunch time. Then it was back to the shops. We didn't buy, just browsed.

Then it was time for the reception and the dinner. It was good. We started with Lobster Ravioli. Then a Spinach Salad with dried cranberries and golden raisins and a sweet and sour dressing. Next was the entree' which was steak, salmon, asparagus, carrots, and an interesting pillar of mashed potatoes. It was very good. I don't do dessert, so I skipped out. :) I believe they had several things but the only thing I can remember is the Creme' Brulee.

We were all going to go back to the Bee to see if the private party was over but we were not able to get it. We didn't try too hard though. Several of us went and hung out at one of the bars in our hotel. Now we are ready for bed! It has been a long day!

I am so glad that we get to go home tomorrow!!

6 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

You'd think that with a post choc full of girlie things like shopping and makeup, I'd be lost for words, not so!

Don't forget that you also mentioned Brown Eyed Girl. I'd just like to mention that I saw Van Morrison perform that very song at the Keystone in Palo Alto, and there were no more than 200 people there.

Argh! I swear these verifications are getting longer every day!

8/11/2006 5:10 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

$600????? Make-up?????? Holy Cow! ! ! Would've been hard to hold my tongue. . .LOL. . .Not really - I probably say less than you sometimes. . .LOL

8/11/2006 7:00 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Six hundred dollars worth of makeup had better make me look like Julia Roberts......I would have said something totally inappropriate when I was given that total!! The food sounds magnificent. Wish I had your willpower to "skip out" on dessert!!

8/11/2006 10:18 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Woohoo - see now you know what its like to be me - I am always dancing and singing when I type LOL....

$600 - hmmm let me guess - Bare Escentuals??? That is what I just bought - not quite that much but I didn't get all the glamour stuff....yet....there is still time.....and YES - I love it!

And now....I am hungry...MMMmmm lobster ravioli.....creme' brulee....mmmmmm

8/11/2006 10:25 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

WT - I love VAN! Wish I could've seen them in concert. Oh well! Glad you did!

Shauna - not sure what you mean by you say less than me. I beg to differ.

Songbird - actually, it looked more like Angie Harmon. That is what they all tell me. I just don't see the resemblence.

Oh Cheeky - Nope! It was BE, that is what I am getting though. :) They are having a special right now. I just can't decide whether to drive two hours to get it or just order it over the internet.

8/13/2006 3:18 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I can see Angie Harmon.

8/13/2006 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home