Tuesday, August 22, 2006

It's Over! I Made It!

WOOHOO!!!!!




As you can see. I have less than 4 months to go before graduating! Gotta love those tickers!

I made it through my classes today. I wondered about the first two. I was a bit concerned, but now I feel much better. Here are my classes with a brief bit about today.

1) Cost Accounting. Dr. LiLi Eng, from Thailand.
She speaks English fairly well. Have heard her class is fairly easy. Lots of homework! But each homework is only worth 5 points.

2) Futures & Options - and for a couple of readers out there - NO! I am not going to invest in the soybeans! You know who you are, and there is no need for further explanation. No more Beans! (Especially if they do to you what they do to Willowtree!) (I know, I know - different kind of bean!)

Now this professor walked in wearing deck shoes, khaki pants and a peachy orange linen shirt unbuttoned to the middle of his chest (maybe an inch above his man boobs). Not an attractive guy. We thought he was gay. Seriously. Then we saw his ring and thought maybe he is straight. Then he announced he is married and has two kids. He is Portuguese. The only way to describe him is to say that half the time he sounded Portuguese. One quarter of the time he sounded Scottish (he lived there for three years). And the other quarter of the time he sounds like Julia Childs. Yes, you read that right! My friend Mrs. S and I tried really hard not to laugh. He is kind of hard to understand. This guys homeworks are only worth 1 point each. And the minimum is three questions per homework.

3) General Insurance - Funny American Professor. Big Guy. Likes to laugh! Gotta love that.

4) International Finance - Nice, nice lady. This is the first semester she has began making her classes write a term paper, instead of taking POP quizzes. How cool is that? I would much rather write a paper.

5) Health Insurance and Social Security Issues. This is an Economics class and it sounds really, really interesting. I am being serious here. He is an older guy, very short (has hair), but you can tell he was a looker in his day! Sweet man, and funny too!

I think it is going to be a good semester! Everything seems to be fairly interesting so far. So I know when I complain about how uninteresting it is or something like that, I am going to look at my little ladybug ticker (Did I mention I love ladybugs?) and see that I am almost out of there. And then I will probably read several comments telling me to shut it. I am counting on those comments. :)

10 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

Glad you enjoyed the first day. I like the sounds of the portuguese guy, mmmmm.

If you want to make points with the Thai teacher, 'Sawat Dee Kah', is the thai greeting. I could tell you how ask her 'how much?' but it may not go down too well :)

The bizarre thing about Thai is that women say different things to men, for me to say hello it would be 'Sawat Dee Cap'.

8/23/2006 12:03 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

By the looks of her name, she may actually be ethnic chinese. Thai names are usually very long, such as Thavan Thamrongnavasawat (that's an actual name, he was a previous prime minister). Not that any of this is relevent, I'm just showing off.

8/23/2006 12:20 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

yeah... I went to High schoole with a thai and his name was Varong Rompthathong. There was another one with a name like Pratanatapitpat... but I didn't have any classes with him.

I am kind of jealous of you - for going back to school and "gitten er done"

I never finished college -- always something got in the way. Am I too old? (Are Scholarships available for oldsters?)

8/23/2006 12:30 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I started to call you about 6 to see how things went for you. . .My 2 classes are very LONG WINDED. . .I have the same professor back-to-back and HE LIKES TO TALK. . .

Glad things are looking good. . .I will remind you what you said! LOL

PAMELA - you're never to old to go back to school! ! ! Right Julie? I have older adults in my classes. Unfortunately, I'm considered older than most. . .

8/23/2006 6:55 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

YOU GO GIRL! Love the ladybug ticker...me likey cute little red bugs with polka dots. They're cute little happy insects, unlike the veryfreakyspiders (well, webs) that attacked me yesterday.

8/23/2006 8:38 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

Cost accounting....EWWWWWWW!!! I HATED it! Good luck!!

Love the ticker, btw. I'd get one too, but I've got nothing to count down to. (Too many to's in that sentence.)

8/23/2006 9:12 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

WT - I kind of like the Portuguese guy too. He is just too funny. Re: the Thai professor - most of the foreign professors shorten their names a bit for us dumb Americans. HA! So, either you are right about her being ethnic Chinese or she is trying to give us a name we can actually pronounce. And I appreciate the info, but I do not like to speak in class. That would mean I would have to speak in front of about 60 people and I don't like that. So I will consider it later in the semester when I know her a bit better and maybe see her in her office. Will let you know.

Cost Accounting is really that bad? Crap! You guys are scaring me a bit!!!

Robin - spiderwebs are horrible! Do you feel like it just keeps hanging on long after you know you are out of it, or you got it off of you. That is how I feel!

Susan - I am reaching for a reason for you to have a ticker, but do you LOVE Christmas? Do a ticker for days until Christmas! Or your Birthday, or kids' birthdays, or your Anniversary! Oh if you don't like any of these let me know. I have a few more ideas! :)

You have to have a ticker!

8/23/2006 10:04 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

What are you getting your degree in again?

8/23/2006 10:08 AM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Good descriptions!! Good luck with your classes.

8/23/2006 7:01 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Julie~I STILL have the heevy-jeebies from the attack of the web. Did I tell you I thought your profile pic was a CAMEL??? LOLOL...Not until someone else said "giraffe" did I notice the spots on its neck. Gee, you'd think I'd know my animals by now.

8/24/2006 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home