Thursday, August 03, 2006

Mia Update


Mia - Mia - Mia

It seems Mia has a fan (Willowtree)!

She just keeps getting more and more comfortable at her new home. Just last night McD told her how fat she was compared to when she found us. And she is!

She has discovered the swinging bench. It is a two-seat bench that glides. She can be found laying on it most of the time. Catching her on it for a photo is impossible. As soon as she sees one of us she jumps off. Wanting petting.


Our farrier was out this past weekend to trim the horses hooves. When he is finished there are hoof remanents scattered about. Forget the rawhides from the store. She wants the hoof trimmings. (In the photos above she is chewing on them.) She will chew on them all day long. I thought it was kind of yucky. I mean you wouldn't want your child to chew on trimmings from your toenails. YUCK! And I am not the only one. Hoss looks at her like she is crazy while she chews on her new found treasure. (WT - I know some posts have been too cutesy for ya, so here's something gross to even it out.)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!! I am in Edmond. What about you???

8/03/2006 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool! I might be visiting my sister and her husband while they are in Enid soon! =)

8/03/2006 10:13 AM  
Blogger Sally said...

Just as long as she isn't chewing directly on the horses's hooves, right?

8/03/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Definite grossness factor - WIllowtree should approve!

8/03/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Well, now I know where Woody gets a lot of his little habits from. . .LOL

8/03/2006 11:16 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

While part of me says this is OK there is definately an "ewwwww gross" factor going on.....

Oh and have the camera up and ready and sneak up on her - maybe you can get that shot!

8/03/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Thanks for the update, she's looking great.

Funny about the hoof, my beagle's favourite toy is a cow hoof - he'll chew it all day. I'm trying to teach him to do my toenails. Now that's gross ;)

I'm still at a lost to understand mistreatment of animals.

8/03/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Mia's story has really touched me. (of course I want Hoss ô¿ô) I always want to stop when animals are wandering along the highway...etc. The hubby isn't quite as soft hearted as me. If Mia had showed up at our house, we would have taken care of her and then she probably would have to go to the animal shelter. sigh. Of course we don't have any acreage... just a big back yard. My Karl wasn't too hard on the yard - because he was a big lughead lover.

On the hottest day of the summer there was a young black lab running around town and we brought him into the bank and gave him water and made him lie down --- and then we called animal shelter. I called the next day and the owner picked him up. A farmer coming into town - and somehow the dog got loose from the pick up truck.

oh.. this is a book.. sorry

10/14/2006 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home