Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Monday Monday

(Okay - now that song is stuck in my head!)
Monday morning - monday morning couldn't guarantee
that Monday evening you would still be here with me...
=================================

When I first started blogging I told myself I would not blog about my boring everyday life. But sometimes things must be done.

Yesterday, Monday, I had planned on driving 80 miles to the University that I will only be attending for one more semester. YEAH!!! Getting my textbooks for the next semester is not one of my favorite things to do. But there are a few good restaurants so I was going to at least enjoy lunch. A friend was going to go with me but that wasn't going to work, so I headed out on my own.

McD asked me to stop by his office. That was first on my list. I stopped by and was completely surprised! He wanted to go with me. Isn't that sweet!? That made my day!! So we headed out together!

We stopped and gathered my textbooks first. Five classes. Five hundred dollars. That is only because one of the classes did not have a real textbook required. It required a tiny little book that only cost $14.95. Oh well! Glad that purchase is over.

Then we headed to lunch. Some of you might have heard of Eskimo Joe's. The EJ t-shirts are very popular - world wide! When I was in Europe I actually saw someone wearing their EJ shirt. EJ has the best cheese fries!! So that is where we went. We ordered the cheese fries with bacon - super fattening - and we split a burger. It was delicious!!

While we were waiting on our meal we noticed a young couple (in their 20s) thumb wrestling. I thought how sweet!! You never see anyone thumb wrestling anymore. That reminded me of a phone call I received from McD one evening when he was out of town on business. He was having to eat alone, but had me on the phone for company. He was standing in line at Braum's and noticed an older gentleman with what seemed to be his grandson. The Grandpa had a single scoop of ice cream in a cup and the Grandson had a scoop in a cone. He said they were talking and laughing and having a grand ol' time. Aww! I thought! How sweet!!!

We finished eating. Did some shopping at Joe's Clothes. Then to the car to head home. We noticed that the same diesel Ford truck that was running when we arrived was still there. Still running. That reminded us both of something that had happened just last week...

McD met a friend at a restaurant for a late lunch as he was headed home from a meeting. When he parked next to the guys truck he saw that it was running. Why was it running? Because little Suzie was in there and it was hot outside. McD said he worried about the truck being stolen more than Chuckles did. Chuckles told him that if someone stole the truck that would be fine...as long as they left his saddle and Suzie.

...We laughed out loud when we noticed a small dog, smaller than Suzie - a Jack Russell, sitting on the very top of the front seat. It was waiting patiently. It was also very sweet!

Normally Monday's just aren't that sweet! But yesterday was certainly an exception!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Sounds like a very sweet Monday. I love days when I get to unexpectedly get to spend the day with my honey. Plus you got to eat cheese fries. That makes any day a good day :)

8/01/2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Sounds like it could be a good thing that I wasn't able to make the trip. . .Glad you were able to ENJOY the trip to "Stilly" with McD.

8/01/2006 12:52 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ok first of all - shame on you for getting songs stuck in my head....that is my job in the blogging world...LOL

Sounds like a good trip and I miss a good game of thumb wrestling...

I don't envy you on the books though - I remember those days - ouch!

8/01/2006 1:20 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Shit! That was bizarre!! I finished reading your post (cute, but I prefer blood and gore) and I saw my comment from yesterday and my name - not realising you had posted it, for a split scecond I thought I was in comments for the wrong post ha! (btw you're welcome to it, and thanks)

I think you're doing Economics right? If so you just learned a very valuable lesson about Supply and Demand!

8/01/2006 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home