Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tag - I'm IT

Thanks WillowTree!! I wondered how long it would take for me to get tagged!

Here goes:
1. A friend who has blessed me: Muncy. She is one of my bestest friends. I can't even go into how she has blessed me. We are exactly one year apart in age, she is the year older. We are closer than we are with our sisters, sad but true. We even think alike, scary I know!

2. An unexpected gift: Being a "Step"mother I never expected any type of Mother's day gifts. I get them every year and I truly never expected to. I love and appreciate each gift.

3. A kind word shared with me recently: On our most recent trip to CO the kids drove over to see us and got to the zoo. The night before the zoo trip we met for dinner. As we were leaving for our hotel rooms Punky yelled, "Grandma Julie, I LOVE YOU!!" Of course I yelled back! "I LOVE YOU TOO!!!"

5. Something I'm looking forward to: December 16! Graduation, baby!!

6. A particular part of me I'm pleased with: My Smile. It's a habit! I smile a lot. I sometimes don't even realize I am smiling, until some pervert smiles back with a hubba hubba kind of look.

7. Something in my life that I wanted but never expected: Oh, I have a few. A successful almost 15 year marriage to an amazing man. A college education from Oklahoma State University. Go Cowboys!! And a little bit of land to call home.

8. A place that moved/moves me: I don't really have just one place that has moved me. I could be anywhere and find a reason that it moves me. Okay, almost anywhere.

9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: There isn't just one person that makes me smile. a) My Dad - if my Dad is laughing you have to be dead if you are not laughing with him, his laughter is so contagious. I would love to bottle his laughter and keep it with me always. b) Poohs - his laugh is also contagious. It is the best kid laugh ever. c) my McDreamy - what is it about people laughing that I love? I love to hear him laugh, or just to see him laugh. He knows when to tell me I am beautiful, or reach for my hand and kiss it. He just always makes me smile. A thing that makes me smile? My furrbabies - all of them - Hoss, Mordecai and Mia.

10. Most recent "love note" from God: ??? My Second Chance at life. WillowTree - you can't be serious that I am the most religious person you know. PL-EASE!

11. Do I win anything? (OK, I know that WT added that one, but do I?)

I'm tagging: Ree (she hasn't been tagged yet that I know of, and her answers are sure to be good), Cheeky (who is always good about being tagged, and I love singing along), and Jessie (just because I love her blog).

(Yes, I realize #4 is missing, but this is how it was when I received it!)

8 Comments:

Blogger Susan in va said...

#1 - you are so blessed to have a friend like that.

#9 - aren't Dads great?

8/15/2006 10:39 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

#5 - Heck yea! Graduation! ! ! I'm just a few SWEET months behind you! ! !
Not enough congrats can be handed your way on that one! ! ! !

8/15/2006 10:52 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Woohoo on Graduation! Yep - I don't mind tags at all (shhh let's just keep that our little secret...hehe) I will do this one!

8/15/2006 2:08 PM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

#2-that is so fabulous that your step-kid(s) do that for you.

What are you and Shauna graduating from? Sorry, I'm new.

8/15/2006 2:09 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Number 6 actually made me laugh out loud! I hope one day I get to use 'hubba hubba' in a sentence.

I didn't say you were religious, I said you were spiritual.

8/15/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I just checked my blog and #4 is missing there too, I probably killed it when I cut and pasted, boy that was a great job of proof reading I did!!!!

8/15/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Susan - I thank God for Muncy every chance I get! She's the bomb! And Dad's are the BEST!!! I'm certainly a Daddy's girl!! :)

Sha - Congrats will be headed your way too!!! It has been good to have a friend that is a non-trad too!!! :)

Cheeky! Thanks!!! I knew I could count on you!!! Oh and I am ordering the BE as soon as I finish this!! :) I can't wait!!

Silly Hily - I love my step-sons, dil, and grandbabies!! I could not have asked for a better family! I am truly blessed! (No, they don't read this so I don't have to say it. I actually mean it!) Not that anyone thought that. :)

Shauna and I will be graduating from college. I will graduate this December, and she will be graduating next May! We are so ready!! No need to apologize!

Pete! Dear Pete! - How I love to read your comments! I hope to see you use "Hubba Hubba" one day! I almost didn't include it in my post. I even deleted it once. I also used prevert in the first draft because that is what some of my redneck family members say and to be honest sometimes it slips out of my mouth. :)

Please forgive me for misquoting you. Crap! I am going to lose on the awards for sure now!! :) #4 probably wasn't important anyway! LOL

8/15/2006 9:12 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I wasn't chiding you for the misquote - you know that's not my style.

I just wanted to make sure you knew what I meant i.e. You have a good heart, err let me rephrase that, you appear to me to be a kind soul.

It's strength of character I'm talking about, not which one of god's mercenaries you choose to listen to on Sundays..

8/16/2006 12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home