Tuesday, August 08, 2006

We made it!!

I had such big plans about this trip to the Broadmoor. I wanted to take photos on the way here and have all kinds of cool things to blog about. But instead, I read a book. Outloud. When we travel a lot of the times I will read a book outloud to my McDreamy. The last trip we read the last Harry Potter book. This time we began reading the book Myths, Lies & Downright Stupidity: Get Out the Shovel - Why everything you know is wrong by John Stossel of 20/20. It is really good. One of those that you really don't want to put down. We are almost half way through it, so hopefully we will be able to finish it on the way home.

We are getting ready to go to dinner with the kids so I will post the "ME" post a little later this evening. (It really isn't that big of deal!)

Edited to say: Now I am sounding a bit like Mocha Momma.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mocha said...

I know! What is this blogging thing if not an exercise in self-indulgence???

You are so cool to read books to McDreamy. What a great idea. Kennimus usually says, "Ok. You bore me. Shut up."

True love.

8/08/2006 8:50 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

First, there are worse people to "sound a little bit like." She is my muse, that Mochaaaaaah.

Also, Alex and I have a long-standing tradition of me reading to him. It began innocently enough, because he has always loved books, and on one long road-trip I read aloud from a book we'd been arguing over who was going to get to read first: I read while he drove. More than a fair trade-off, IMO.

But then, something happened, and he decided that he LIKED it, the not-actually-having-to-do-the-work part of the book absorption. So now he's hopelessly spoiled. But it's an act of love.

8/09/2006 3:10 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Maybe when my kiddos are gone I can read to birddog. . .Just hope we can agree on a book. . .LOL - - Sorry. . .Right now I read him some of the jokes I get in email, I guess that is a start. . .?

8/09/2006 6:49 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Okay Mocha - you have to start with a really good book, or one he wants to read. Then they are hooked. It really makes the time fly.

belinda - McD is hopelessly spoiled as well, but who am I to complain. I am pretty spoiled myself! And he LOVES me reading to him.

8/09/2006 7:54 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I agree with Kennimus.

8/09/2006 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home