Monday, August 28, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

What a weekend! We got rain!! WooHoo!!!

Saturday we worked hard, and then we laughed hard. We started the day gathering and sorting cattle. Then we took some calves to sale. I did some homework, catching up on a class that I just added and will attend for the first time this afternoon. Then we went to see Bill Engvall! Oh. Man. He was funny! We had heard some of his stuff before but it was still funny. Then he did some new stuff that was even funnier. There were a few times that he cracked himself up. He was laughing so hard a couple of times that I wasn't sure if he was gonna be able to get it out. It was great!! If you don't know who he is look him up on iTunes. He is cleaner than most, but he.is.funny.

We have a friend that really, really wanted to see Bill Engvall. So we all made sure she made it there, (Slick & his wife Slickess and McD & I). She was told last week that she has a couple of years to live. I have only known her for a little more than a year, but this is the sweetest lady I know. She is an amazing woman. She has lung cancer. I will rarely ask for prayers, but I hope each of you will pray for her. I will only refer to her as D. God knows who she is, that is all that matters. D had a great time.

Sunday, it rained some more. YEAH!! McD took advantage of the rain to watch a movie or two. I had to work on the homework I mentioned earlier. Then, after watching BB-Allstars I asked McD to flip it over to the Emmy's. Isn't that what the awards were that were on last night? We came in on it right as Simon Cowell was introducing Dick Clark. I have to just say this.

I.Loved.American.Bandstand! I soo wanted to dance on that show!!!

Anyway, Dick was there. I seriously almost cried. If I knew he had a stroke, I had forgotten. Oh, that was the saddest thing. When Simon announced him he said that there aren't many people that all generations know. But he is one of them. Thinking about that still makes me tear up. Now the American Bandstand theme song is stuck in my head!!! Oh well!

Speaking of Songs...The contest is going to be Lyrics! I will post the first contest next Tuesday. Details to follow.

Thank you to everyone that has left questions for me. This is going to be so much fun! I will begin answering them this evening when I return from school. Oh how I am dreading that drive. Oh well, it's almost over.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I will put D in my prayers. I'm glad she went with yall and got some much needed laughter in.
Can't wait for you to start answering your questions.
Oh, and what is this contest you speak of? Did I miss something?

8/28/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Both me and my father got a little misty when Dick Clark did his speech. What a lovely man.

I am looking forward to your contest!!

8/28/2006 11:00 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I have decided that you win the award for "busiest" woman....not only do you do a days worth of help with the cattle, then do your homework, but still find time to watch t.v. Amazing!!!

I didn't even know the Emmy's were on. I was bummed to find out I missed seeing one of my main men (Keifer) win an award (if you can't tell, I'm a huge 24 fan!!!)

8/28/2006 11:12 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I love Bill Engvall... he is so funny.

And bring on the contest!

8/28/2006 1:19 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Forget the contest, answer the damn questions ;)

8/28/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Ready for the contest and waiting for the answers....

8/28/2006 7:10 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Songbird singing with Julie..."We're goin' hoppin', we're goin' hoppin' today, where things are poppin' the Philadelphia way. We're gonna drop in on all the music they play on the Bandstand, Bandstand."

I loved American Bandstand, too. I had the opportunity to see Dick Clark when I was in college. He was a wonderful speaker. Very funny.

We had rain in Arkansas all weekend, too!! Yipee!!

8/28/2006 9:04 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

Bill Engval is so funny. I love it when he gets to laughing himself and can't talk. :)

D is in my prayers. Why does it seem the "best" people you know die from some kind of cancer :(

8/29/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Just when you thought you were gonna get that song out of your head....Cheeky comes back and does this.....(hehe)

We're goin' hoppin' (Hop)
we're goin' hoppin' today
where things are poppin' (Pop)
the Philadelphia way
we're gonna drop in (Drop)
on all the music they play
on the Bandstand (Bandstand)

We're goin' swingin' (Swing)
we're gonna swingin' the crowd
and we'll be clingin' (Cling)
and floatin' high as a cloud
The phones are ringin' (Ring)
My mom and dad are so proud
I'm on Bandstand (Bandstand)
And I'll jump, and hey, I may even show 'em my handstand
because I'm on, because I'm on the American Bandstand
when we dance real slow I'll show all the guys in the grandstand
what a swinger I am, I am on American Bandstand

8/29/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I tried to leave a comment yesterday and the dumb thing wouldn't let me. . .

Why in the world did you add another class? I feel for you, I know what it was like taking 15 hours a year ago I can't imagine any more and then you drive toboot!

We will all be praying for D.

Glad you had a good time! I thought about ya!

8/29/2006 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home