Monday, August 07, 2006

What a Weekend

We had fun this weekend! Now I know my definition of fun and yours may be completely different. But we had fun!

Friday we rented movies - The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada with Tommy Lee Jones and Dwight Yoakum. I really like Tommy Lee Jones, a lot! I know a guy that met him and drank a beer with him. He says he was kind of a dork. I still like him though. That was not a good movie. It was dumb. It is a modern day western and the whole story was kind of good but it would have been better as a book.

We also rented - Eight Below. You know, the Disney movie about the dogs getting left behind. It was an okay movie. I couldn't watch it all. I must be a wuss! It made me mad. I didn't like the fact that they left the dogs behind in the first place so I didn't have a good mindset when we started watching. So I did laundry and attended the BC Carnival. It ended okay though. Won't be watching it again that is for sure.

Oh and we got a sno-cone. McDreamy likes the sugar-free Sweettart, and I like cajun red hot with silver fox. MMMM!

Saturday McD had to go and help Slick doctor some cattle and I ran errands in town like going to Wal-Mart. McD cannot stand going there so I try to go when he is busy. When he got home that afternoon he asked me out on a date. Yes, he did!! He wanted to take me to dinner and to a movie. I hate HATE having to decide which movie to go see. I want to make sure I pick one that he will like too. I have girlfriends that love to go to the movies so the chick flicks are covered. I ended up giving him two choices - Cars and Talladega Nights. He chose Cars. (Sorry, Cheeky! Now that we have heard your review we are going to that one next! Thanks!) We liked Cars though. Doc Hudson (Paul Newman) was the best in our opinion. :) But we are Paul Newman fans.

Oh and we got a sno-cone. (Did I mention I have an addiction?)

Sunday we got up and went to check cattle, we are expecting quite a few calves and with this heat we are checking them a little more often. So we missed Sunday School Class, but made it in time for the worship service. The gentleman that gave the opening prayer almost made me laugh out loud - during the opening prayer. He read the prayer list during his prayer. At our church this is usually during the closing prayer. But he threw it in. He knew one of the people on the list and this is how he prayed for him. "So-and-so is not doing well, and he is a really good guy. Please be with him Lord." Okay - so he didn't say So-and-so, but he did tell God that he was a good guy. I thought to myself, wouldn't God already know he is a good guy. Then he did it again with someone else. I tried not to giggle.

You are going to think I am a horrible person but it was funny. There is a guy that we call Snaggletooth (I can never remember his name). Well, he doesn't have but one or two teeth and he is always messing with them. He uses his tongue to mess with them. One of the teeth is kind of loose and he will mess with it in front of you. It is gross!!! He is an old guy, and is kind of the annoying sort. But he is very faithful. I am sure he is a good man. He is the kind of man that sits in his pew looking at others with a look that seems disapproving. I don't even want to know what is going through his mind. He usually dresses fairly nice. But this time he wore a shirt that looked like a jersey. Athletic jersey. You know - that shiny material. He is kind of big, so the jersey was kind of tight. That was funnier than the guy praying. But again, we tried not to giggle. Now instead of Snaggletooth, he is Jersey Boy!!! I know that is horrible. None of this should be going through our minds while we are at church. But it did, and it was funny! We got a good giggle after we left.

Oh and we got a sno-cone. (McD is addicted now too!)

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

This was funny, Julie! I like your observations about the church guy. And what is a "cajun red hot with silver fox" snowcone? Sounds intriguing!

8/07/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Was wondering about that tommy lee jones movie.
I watch eight degrees too but can't say I could watch it again lol

8/07/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Cars is good too - I saw it with the little man child when it first came out - love Tow Mater!!!

You got asked out on a date? Dang girl - I am gonna need some pointers from you...hehe

8/07/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I'd like to know about the cajun sno-cone too.

I think the guy with two teeth sounds like a dipstick, but then I can say that, I'm not a christian. nothing against christ, I just prefer a diferent flavour.

oh, nice story. no blood and gore but at least there was some character assasination :)

8/07/2006 7:18 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm a wuss. I REFUSED to see 8 below. I have to have happy movies. Just can't afford the anti-depressants.

great church story. I've gotten the giggles during church, too. I'm going to blog about my favorite church giggle sometime.

ditto: 1 cajun snow cone for me,too (ps. get out the little purple pill)

8/07/2006 8:20 PM  
Blogger M J said...

Holy sno-cones Batman! I'm not sure how cajun and sno-cone fit into the same sentence. Can you enlighten us?

I watched 8 Below.. to the end. I cried, many many many tears. I can't handle movies like that... I let Kobe sleep on my side of the bed that night.

8/07/2006 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home