Monday, August 28, 2006

You Asked - Round 1

Here we go. I want to let everyone know that there are quite a few questions and more coming in (Marnie) so I will answer the questions in the order in which they were received. There will be a few rounds because I don't want the posts to be too long (just for you Pete). So here goes:

Willowtree asked:
Where did you grow up? I grew up in Seminole, Oklahoma. Not really IN Seminole, but out in the country.

Is this your first marriage? YES!!! First and last.

Who is your oldest (longest time) friend? My oldest (longest time) friend would be my friend Gertrude. Not her real name, but we met in the 5th grade and have been friends ever since. She was Gertrude and I was Hildegarde, that way if any of our notes were found no one would know who we were. hee hee

Karmyn asked:
Who was/is your favorite animal/pet and why? Wow, that is a hard one. Do I have to pick just one? I would say my baby Hoss. I got him when he was 4 weeks old and this is the longest I have ever had one pet, he is 10 years old. Yes, I know when his birthdate is - April 27, 1996 and he gets pancakes with butter and syrup on most of his birthdays. He won't eat them without the butter or syrup. I really liked my St. Bernard that I had when I was in kindergarten, Cindy, she would follow me to school and wait for me to leave if they didn't call my Mom to come and get her. :)

What is the last thing you do before going to bed at night? I take my eyes out. Yep! I wear contacts and I wear them up until I am headed to bed. I take that back, I wash my face right after I take my eyes out.

Songbird asked:
Where did you and McDreamy meet? Heehee. Church. You know, I rarely hear about couples that meet at church. But we did. I will go into more detail in another round when I answer another question. Stay tuned.

What movie is the quote about Elvis from? Men in Black. Tommy Lee Jones says it as he is playing Promised Land.

Okay! That is all for Round 1. Can't make these posts too long. See, I am not as interesting as you thought. :)

11 Comments:

Blogger M J said...

I can't believe you met a hunk at church. Really. I hope you plan on elaborating... don't make me ask more questions.. hehehe.

I have admired Hoss in your FurrBaby photos.. he is beautiful. Kobe gets a cake made of beef from the bakery. It looks delicious but one wiff and you know. Bleh. But he loves it. His birthday is May 9, 2002.

...and I have to take my eyes out before bed too. A question, but not an official question question - would you consider getting laser surgery?

8/28/2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Ah - the eyes have it. I too have those blasted contacts and every month I think more and more about laser surgery (if you do it, MJ - I'll do it too!!!)

That is sweet you know Hoss b-day. I only know my babies months (september and May). The dates are lost to me.

8/29/2006 12:04 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

You're not boring, this is the stuff we want to hear!

MJ and Karmyn, MDW (or now BJ) had both eyes done at the same time! (you should have seen her glasses, 1/4 inch thick, no bullshit). Anyway, she drove back to the place for a follow exam the next day! It totally corrected her vision.

8/29/2006 5:28 AM  
Blogger Debs said...

I agree with WT. We want answers woman *LOL*

8/29/2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Woohoo! I used to have to take my eyes out - that was before the miracle that is lasik!!! Can't believe I waited so long to do it!

8/29/2006 9:11 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

I love posts like this. Always fun!wl

8/29/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Too cute. Hoss gets pancakes with butter and syrup for his birthday. (For my last b-day I got a human pushed out of my va-jay-jay which meant when I did finally get food, it was hospital food. Blah. But, I wouldn't have had it an other way and actually scheduled it that way.)

8/29/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

This is fun! excited to see all the questions and answers!
Now, that you have Mia, what are you gonna do for her? You only have an anniversary date, don't you?

8/29/2006 12:50 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

How cool that you met McDreamy in church!

8/29/2006 7:11 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Can't wait to hear more about how you and McDreamy met. I love those kinds of stories!

8/29/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Oh wow! Sorry guys, I totally missed commenting on these. So I will do it real fast.

MJ - I am going to see if I can get a beefcake for Hoss next time. How do you describe it to them? That could be an interesting conversation. :)
I have thought about lasik eye surgery, but they say my vision isn't bad enough. I could probably do it, but I am a CHICKEN!!! Yep! Bawk Bawk!!! That is right! (Yes, I flapped my chicken wings too!)
Oh & yes, I did meet a Hunk at church. That is coming up later tonight. :) I thought I would wait until tomorrow night, but nope! Doing it tonight!

Karmyn & MJ - Let's just all plan our lasiks for the same day. LOL

Hil - Now that is a birthday gift. A gift that keeps on giving. :)

Shauna - Haven't even thought about doing anything for Mia yet. We still have a while to go.

8/30/2006 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home