Tuesday, August 29, 2006

You Asked - Round 2

Everyone ready for Round 2?

Pamela asked:
Do you remember anything while you"died" that day? This is a hard one. Have you ever been told a story so many times that you don't know if you are remembering the event or just the story? That is how it is for me at this point. Believe it or not I am still learning about things that happened. I "think" I remember us driving to OKC. But I know a lot of people told me that later. I guess it is best that I don't remember the events of that week. I do remember getting my hair cut after I got home from the hospital. It was nearly a flat-top. I loved it! What really stinks is that after that "episode" I have problems remembering a lot of my past. If someone helps jog my memory I can remember some things, but others are lost forever. Oh well, I can make new memories. Right?

Has that experience changed your personality? or just your outlook on life? Well, I don't think it permanently changed my personality. (One day I will share my Dad's story, his personality changed.) McD says that it did for a little while. I became super sweet. I am talking sweeter than any person should be. Then one day I just reverted back to my old brazen hussie ways. :) My outlook on life? My outlook on life has changed. I decided to quit "thinking" about going back to college and just went. I don't put off stuff like I used to. Gosh, if I can think of more I will add it later. :) Sorry, going blank.

MJ asked:
Who was the first boy you kissed? Was it good, bad, or ugly? The first boy I kissed. I think the first boy I kissed was a guy named Jared. He was a skateboarder and BMXer. He was HOT, or so I thought. I don't remember the kiss, memory issues noted above, but he was my first boyfriend.

What movie do you watch over and over? Marnie, you silly girl! There are too many to name! But I will name a few. Monte Walsh, if you haven't seen it - you need to; Tombstone - I'm your Huckleberry; Lonesome Dove (nuf said); Dirty Dancing; Grease, Pretty Woman, Sweet Home Alabama, Shrek (both), The Santa Clause. Enough? Or do you want more? Men in Black (Both). Okay I will stop. I love movies!!!

Lets just assume that molecular transport has been made a reality. Where in the world or universe would you have Scotty beam you? Man Marnie, I hate to break it to ya but Scotty beams me up all the time. Where have you been? Okay, okay! That is a hard one. I would love to beamed to Creede, Colorado so I could see the kids and G-kids without having to drive 10 hours. But on the other hand, I would love to have Scotty beam me to Stillwater everyday so I wouldn't have to drive 3 hours a day just for school.

SillyHily asked:
What is the one thing that McD does that wrecks your last nerve? I am being completely honest here, it will be hard to believe, but I am. McD and I get along great!! There isn't too much that he does that gets on my nerves. I can tell when something is bothering him and when I ask him what it is he tells me, "Nothing." Sometimes to try to convince me that nothing is wrong he will say, "You asking me what is wrong is bothering me!" I am like WHATEVER! Then a little later if I ask him again he will tell me. He just has to do it in his own time. But I worry that I did something to upset him until he tells me, and I HATE that feeling.

Debs asked:
Since you are so busy, what do you do to relax? Okay, if you are the Debs I think you are you probably already know one of the things I do to relax. Cross Stitch. I make things for other people. LOL I have been stitching for probably 16 years and I have not made myself anything. But I am a giver, what can I say? I also read, ride horses (which I will be doing more of now that McD has relaxed a little and thinks that I can ride by myself again - no one in my family wanted me riding by myself after my "episode"), FISHING - I love to fish, watch movies, etc. I could go on and on. Just getting on the four-wheeler and riding around our place with McD is pretty relaxing too.

Last one for this Round.
Swampwitch asked:
How do you have time to do this? Oh, you know that is a good question. I use time management, I guess. I am on the road a lot, at least 3 hours a day, so I have a lot of time to think of things to blog about (I make lists) or make phone calls, go through catalogs (only once in a while), study (from notecards), eat, etc. I make time for things I want to do, and just make it work. Like this weekend, we are going to Creede. Leaving Friday and coming home Sunday. Where is Scotty when I need him? I will do my homework and projects on the road. Read to McD. Probably finish Angels & Demons (I can't believe it has taken this long). You just do what you have to do! I get tired of hearing how busy some people are, you know the ones that go on and on about what they have to do. Like we don't have things that we have to do. So I won't dwell on this one. any. more. (Oh wait, that one was a bonus. You didn't ask about that now did ya?)

Okay! Time for a little homework. See you tomorrow for Round 3. Looks like there will be 5 Rounds.

11 Comments:

Blogger Karmyn R said...

I liked your answer "I decided to quit 'thinking' about going back to college and just went. I don't put off stuff like I used to."

We should all be so lucky to have that kind of perspective about life. Just do it!!!. That sounds like one great affirmation that came from your "death".

OH - and I thought Angels and Demons was twice as good as DaVinci code.

8/29/2006 10:00 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I enjoyed this !

the song "getting to know you," is going through my head.. (:

I've never tried cross stitching. It looks incredibly tedious.

Doing any kind of reading etc in the car makes me sick.

8/29/2006 10:41 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Since you are so proficient at multi-tasking, where's your homework assignment for my Multiple Intelligence/Multiple Personalities assignment? Don't worry . . .I think your post today will cover it. A+ ...darlin'

8/29/2006 10:49 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Hey Julie, have you forgotten the Twenty I lent you? And don't give me no bullshit about gaps in your memory!!

8/30/2006 2:23 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love to cross stitch (haven't done it in a while though) and I crochet (working on a blanket for a friend now) and yes I give it all away too!

The one thing I do for myself and keep is scrapbook (BUT I have made several books that I have given away too).

8/30/2006 7:23 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

You drive 3 hours a day for school? Man! I bet that is one of the reasons you are so ready to graduate, huh?

(And thanks for the last comment you left me. McD is fan? Of mine!? Well, now I'm just blushing.)

8/30/2006 7:30 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Memory problems eh...? I bet you forgot that you were helping me move this weekend didn't you.

I know you remembered the corn bread, which I do think will go very nicely with WT's wiskey. Just thought I would remind you that Saturday is move day. 9 am. Bring truck and 10 strong (single) men.

I will totally stop bitching about my 2 hrs in the car every day. I thought I had it bad. Is your school on the MOON?

I love Grease too! The original one though. The one with Michelle Pfeiffer wasn't as good I thought.

I also can't believe that you are still reading Angels and Demons. I pollished that off in 3 days. I couldn't put it down! I sure was tired.

8/30/2006 2:10 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Marnie! Moving? This weekend? We are supposed to be there at 4:30 AM right? We will head out Friday morning and maybe we will make it there in time. Oh - you should feel special! I am wearing my Canada shirt today in honor of MJ!
Happy Moving!!!

Oh - I was talking about the original Grease. Now the soundtrack will be playing through my head during my next class. In between me counting how many times he says, "UM." LOL

8/30/2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger Debs said...

Yes I am the "Debs". I am a giver too, that is why I do not have too many of my own Cross Stitching. After reading your blog,the songs from Grease are playing in me head *LOL*

8/30/2006 4:49 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. You are so right. Most of us are busy and productive people. I believe we make time for the things that truly matter to us. And some people do just enjoy talking about how much they have to do as opposed to the rest of us who are sitting around twiddling our thumbs!!

8/30/2006 5:48 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Karmyn - You are right, A&D is a lot better than the DaVinci Code. It is killing me to just read a chapter here and a chapter there.

Pamela - XS is tedious, but I love it. I know you will appreciate this - after I had XS'd for years and years my Great-Granny passed away and my Grandad (her son) went through her stuff and found a book that she had ordered. It was a book of Cross-Stitch Patterns. He said that as soon as he saw it he knew who it would go to. It is now mine. :)

Swampwitch - I just don't get that stuff. Sorry! I was just going to avoid it. Now you know. I apologize! So thank you for letting me off easy.

Pete - was it $2 or $20? Are you sure it was $20? Is that US Dollars? :) What memory gaps? Gosh - what are you talking about?! ;)

Cheeky - I did 1 scrapbook! Just one! I made it for my Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary and they LOVE it! It is pretty special to all of us. The very next year my Aunt passed and it was full of recent photos of her. Photos are priceless!!

Hil - Okay, I am supposed to clarify something. McD doesn't actually read your blog. I read it to him. Okay?! I know you understand. I read it to him. He has sworn off reading blogs, except for mine of course. :) (Don't say anything, sshhh - he is a fan!)

And yes, the driving has a lot to do with wanting to just be finished. I have gone to school constantly for 4 years. No summer breaks for me, NO! Gotta finish in 4 years. That was my thinking. I am going to be so so glad to graduate. We may have to have a virtual party on here! :) Everyone will have to celebrate in their own little way - take a photo - and post it on their blog!! What do ya think guys? HeeHee!!!

Debs! It IS you!!! I LOVE your siggys!! Love 'em!!! Okay! You know exactly what I am talking about, don't ya?

Songbird - you hit the nail on the head. My sister is one of those people that "does" everything and I do "nothing." Oh well!

8/30/2006 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home