Wednesday, August 30, 2006

You Asked - Round 4

First of all I need to apologize. Earlier today I posted Round 3. I was in a bit of a hurry and I forgot to add links to you guys. I do apologize.

Now, last time I said I would answer Mrs. CPA's question:
How did you meet your husband? I was afraid this one might get a little lengthy so I wanted to give it it's own post. Plus is it just, you know, special! :)

After I graduated high school I went to college, met a guy, dropped out of college, moved out of state and in with my fiance and his family. I just knew that we were meant to be. My grandparents kept asking me to come and see them. So I did. They lived 5 hours away so it wasn't going to be a day trip, I had planned to be there for two weeks. When I arrived my Granny, the world traveller, asked me if I would like to go on a cruise with her. Ummm, Yes!!! So I called him and told him that she had asked me to go on the cruise and I wanted to go. The cruise was going to be in October and this is all happening in January. I told him that I was going to help them out at their store while I was there, all in all I was just excited as all get out. (Let me just say, I wasn't around my grandparents when I was a kid so I really wanted to catch up. I thought he would understand.) A few days later he called and told me that he was coming to see me. I was thrilled!! He showed up with ALL of my stuff! Not ALL of it but most of it. (I went back and got the rest - that is another story!) He reason for bringing all my stuff - he thought I might want it. We are talking about everything from all my clothes to the entertainment center and television I had. I didn't want to argue so I just went on and enjoyed his company. On Sunday he left. On Monday, the Dear Julie letter came. (Here is where the other story comes in, so I won't go there.)

I was devastated. My grandparents told me that I could just live with them and work for them at their store until I decided what I wanted to do. About a month after the Dear Julie letter, I spotted McD. Okay. I spotted McD's Levi's. Yep. Right in church. It was a Sunday evening. We came in a little late and didn't get our regular pew. (My Granny and I were in a play and we had to practice on Sunday afternoons.) So we snuck in and grabbed the first available pew. It just so happened to be right behind McD and his boys. I nudged my Granny and asked, "Who is that?" She said, "Oh it is the saddest thing. That is McD (okay just pretend she said McD). His wife left him for another man. But he makes sure he and his boys are at church everytime the doors open." My response. "Look at his, um, Levi's." Then we giggled. For some reason we stood three times during that evening service. I was just glad I knew all the words to the songs we sang. I was not looking at the hymn book. The second time we stood I leaned over to Granny and said, "I am going to go out with him." She just looked at me and laughed. Later I got the spill about how he is older than me and he has two boys AND he is going through a divorce. I just listened.

McD had seen me in church but didn't really "notice" me until one night when he brought a friend of the family to church with them, Newt. Newt was just a kid, but he was a few years older than the boys. Newt noticed me and asked who I was. That is how McD really "noticed" me. He asked one of our mutual friends about me and she filled him in. My name, where I lived, where I worked, etc. Then she decided to hook us up. Her family owns a business and the home and garden show was going on that weekend. So she asked me to register to win something, I don't even remember what it was. I filled it out and then she asked me to fill out another one. After I wrote down my name, address and phone number again she took it and put it in her pocket. She just grinned from ear to ear and said, that one is going to McD (pretend she said that instead of his name). I just laughed and told her how sly she was. Then I left.

Mazzio's was the big hangout for our church crowd. So every, yes every, Sunday night after church we would go to Mazzio's. He didn't usually go with the dinner crowd, but he didn't have the boys that night. He asked me if I would like to ride with him to dinner. I said yes, and calmly went and told my Granny in a very laid back kind of way that I was riding with McD to dinner. Whatever! I nearly skipped over to my Granny and then could hardly get the words out that I was going to dinner with him. She got the jest of it, and then we showed up for dinner. Then he drove me home. Awww!

That was really the first time we did anything. (Get your minds out of that gutter!!!)

Crud, this is going to be longer than I thought. It does get better. Or to me it does. So stay tuned, Round 4 - Part 2 will be posted tomorrow sometime.

15 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I'm back in a.m. for "rest of the story"

It is a smiier.

8/30/2006 10:48 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Damn! I was just about to say that it wasn't too long because it was such a good story and you hung up on me!!!

This one could have been a one parter easy, no matter how long. Oh well, until tomorrow then.

8/30/2006 11:19 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I can't wait!!

8/30/2006 11:29 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I agree with WT - I was ready to read more and then it stopped. This is such a "good feel" story!!!

8/31/2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

LOL Julie. . .you left us hanging! ! !Turkey! This is fun to hear (read) the story of you and McD deeper than you gave it to me when we first met. . .Can't wait!

8/31/2006 7:11 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

It's a sweet story already. Can't wait to hear the rest of it!

8/31/2006 7:39 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yeah, I see how you are...just keep us hanging....hehehehe

8/31/2006 7:47 AM  
Blogger Mary said...

I like a good love story. Can't wait to hear the rest. Now I need to know what kind of camera you have. I am looking for a new one. I can't get over how freaking good your photos are.

8/31/2006 8:08 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Julie, you KNOW how ravenous we become when we're left hanging (lol). GEEZAREE, I'm behind, I read all four rounds just now! Great stuff! This is pretty pathetic, but I couldn't think of any questions to ask; now I realize, it really could've been just about anything.

I do have one, do you and Ree know each other IRL? You know, that whole cattle connection. Have I seen y'all reference each other? Stop the madness, it's all running together in my mind right now!!!

Loving your love story! It's soooo sweet, and the first part is pretty unbelieveable. That being said, looks like you ended up with who you were supposed to.

Thanks for a fun series of posts :).

8/31/2006 9:41 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Thank goodness for Grandparents, church, Levi's, Mazzio's, Dear Julie letters. . . you get the drift !

8/31/2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Not a cliffhanger!!!! Just when it was getting good...

Sheesh woman. Forget about WillowTree's short attention span! There are those of us who just gotta know what happened!!

8/31/2006 3:04 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Can't wait to hear the rest... about how you fall in love with a cowboy... *sigh*

I keep picturing Lonesome Dove as I read this! :)

8/31/2006 3:31 PM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

AH JULIE!!!! GAH!
Okay, I know you probably don't want to dwell on this or anything but what in the hell did that Dear Julie letter say. I mean, who had pooped in his cheerios?
But it's a good thing, I know.

So, who else doesn't believe McD looks 'that' good in Levi's? (everyone raises hands) Yup, I think we are going to need to see some proof. (wink, wink, and all the ladies say hell yeah)

8/31/2006 3:56 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

The Dear Julie letter will be a completely different post. It is too good to combine it with anything. :)

8/31/2006 9:36 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

I was new to blogging when I first read this and really didn't feel comfortable leaving anything but generic, bland comments. But now that this post is in your archives and no one but you will probably read it, I have to share the "joke" that popped into my head the day I read this post.
I'll try to keep it short.

Guy has 2 black eyes.

Friend asked how he got them.

Got them at church.

Church?

Yeah, sitting behind woman at church, we stood to sing, and I noticed her dress was tucked in between her buttocks. So, I pulled it out. She turned around and hit me in the face with her hymnal and gave me a black eye.

Yeah, well how did you get the other one?

I thought she wanted it there so when she turned around, I put it back.

10/01/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home