Monday, August 21, 2006

You Get to Decide

For weeks I have been trying to come up with a (creative) fun contest to change things up a bit. I will be taking votes until next Sunday night (August 27) at 8 pm PST. The contest will be either on Tuesday or Wednesday (29th or 31st) depending on which contest is chosen.

Here are your choices:

1) Name that Tune (Lyrics only, sorry no tunes).

2) Photo Contest - Name the object or Where's Waldo type of game.

Okay, a bit of info on each contest.
First of all - I do NOT sing. Yes. That is a fib. I do sing, but only in the car when I am by myself. The reason I only sing when I am in the car by myself is because I sound SO much like the original artists that I am afraid people would swarm. That could cause a lot of problems. Okay. I guess that is a story too. I can't carry a tune in a bucket. (Who came up with that saying anyway?) Also, I do not have a microphone hooked up to my computer. There is a reason it is not hooked up. I. cannot. sing.

Second - The photo contest could be a Where's Waldo type thing one time and a What the heck is this kind of thing the next time. So this one would keep you guessing what will be next.

And if it makes a difference to you which day the contest is going to be held.
Name That Tune would be on Tuesdays.
Photo Contests would be on Wednesdays.
(Will explain all of that later. If I can come up with something creative. I am not the most creative person. It might take a while.)

So get your votes in while you can.
There will be prizes. They won't be nearly as good as Ree's prizes, but there will be a little something.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I think I'd like the where's waldo one... sounds interesting

8/22/2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I vote for lyrics.

8/22/2006 1:30 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

I would do better with Where's Waldo - - - guess we could look for Julie? LOL sorry. . .

How in the world are you going to have time to do this too? LOL

8/22/2006 7:14 AM  
Blogger Debs said...

I agree with cpa mom...do both :P

But if I have to chose....I think it would be Lyrics as well. I don't do well with Pics. *LOL*

8/22/2006 9:07 AM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

I vote for lyrics.

On another note, when I first saw your new profile picture, I thought it was a monkey (the nostrils were the monkeys eyes). I see now that it's a giraffe. Very becoming :)

8/22/2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

They both sound like fun, but I vote for the photo contest. Either way, I'll definitely play along.

8/22/2006 9:31 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

photos photos!! I'm like a little kid jumping up and down waving my arms....I like to look at pictures!

8/22/2006 11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the idea of both. A visual/spatial (figure-ground)exercise & then one that tickles the auditory sense...a song to stick in our heads for the day.
You Go Girl !
You asked where I was...too easy just to tell you...Clue #1: I'm north and west of you. No fair asking Ree ! Since you managed to get a song stuck in our heads the other day, here's one for you. Think of the word YAWN...picture someone YAWNING...by now, you maybe squelching the urge to
Y-A-W-N !

8/22/2006 12:26 PM  
Blogger M J said...

I like picture contests the best!

Put me down for that. Sounds like fun.

8/22/2006 1:04 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I vote for lyrics.

8/22/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

I vote for prizes, I don't care which contest...I think I'd be equally poor at guessing either.

And, just one more reason why I like you, Julie? You sing just like me!

8/23/2006 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home