Wednesday, September 13, 2006

One Wild Bull

(Finally Blogger is cooperating. It could be because I just downloaded FIREFOX! And I LOVE it!) So here is the post I wanted to publish earlier.


This is the wild one.

Yesterday I received a call from McD telling me that the Longhorn bull was out again. This is not our bull. This bull belongs to some numbskull living in our area. I am not sure why he even has this bull.

The first time the guys were called the bull was in another man's pasture. The Animal Control guys had been out there in pick-ups chasing the bull, trying to catch him. OO7, Slick & McD used horses and ropes. And they got the job done in record time.


Here is the standoff between OO7 & the bull.







As you can see there were several tries at roping the wild beast. Slick did rope him, but had to let the rope go. This bull was jumping fences trying to get away from them. They eventually drove him to the pens and then loaded him in the trailer. I wish I would have gotten a photo of OO7 working his bull whip to drive that bull in the trailer but I didn't. He cracked that whip and the bull when right in the trailer. It was a sight to see that is for sure.


The guys after the job was done.

So when they called yesterday saying the bull was out again, the guys were ready to go. I wasn't able to go this time, but McD said the bull jumped 3 fences and eventually ended up in his pasture on his own.

14 Comments:

Blogger Karmyn R said...

Really cool pics! They look so professional cowboyish!!! I love it.

But - did they REALLY need to do that, or could they have just gotten some female cow (heifer?) in heat and brought her out for the bull to come to her?

I guess they like to do it the hard way! (they look good doing it that way!)

9/13/2006 2:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Can I just share with you that I LOVE the fact that you live with and around real live cowboys....woohoo!

9/13/2006 4:00 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

GREAT photos!!! I was begining to worry about you. But next time put the damn camera down and rope than darn bull!!

Karmyn. if there was a cow in heat anywhere near that bad boy, it would have made things much worse.

9/13/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Oh, goodness, Julie!! It's another "Tom Chaney"!!! I have a feeling I would really have been in trouble if this bull had gotten after me. Great pictures. I want to go out, saddle up and play True Grit again.

9/13/2006 5:04 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Karmyn - Yea, they REALLY had to do it that way. They called the guys after they had tried several times to catch the bull. And WT is right, putting a cow out there would have just made more trouble. Don't worry, there weren't any animals harmed on this job. :) Oh, thanks for the help on the map!

Cheeky - you have no idea! :)

WT - HA! I am much better with a camera than a rope. Thanks for tips on fixing my map. I've resized it.

Songbird - heehee, I thought of you when I posted this today. :)

9/13/2006 6:26 PM  
Blogger M J said...

How do you survive with all that raw testosterone around you? I would have to dress in head to tow pink to counteract.

9/13/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm checking blogs tonight.. then I'm gone until Tuesday or Wednesday - to Jen's in California.

Tonight (The hubby's birthday) we celebrated lowkey dinner at our favorite restaurant. We noticed two cowboys (with I assume wives) across the way wearing their hats. We wondered,
(and I decided Julie or Ree would be the ones to ask)

Do cowboys wear their hats to bed?

9/13/2006 10:39 PM  
Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Great photos, Julie! That IS a pretty bull.
Isn't blogging fun? Everything is photo-worthy!
Have a great day,
Ree

9/14/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Gave you some great photo ops didn't it.

9/14/2006 1:27 PM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are something out of a movie. It just doesn't seem like people still "rope" things. I love it.
And that is one mean looking bull.

9/14/2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

I'm sorry. While I was reading your post, I couldn't get this song out of my head:

Rollin', rollin', rollin'
Though the streams are swollen
Keep them doggies rollin'
RAWHIDE!.....

Move 'em on, head 'em up
Head 'em up, move 'em on
Move 'em on, head 'em up
RAWHIDE!

Now it's stuck in your head too!

9/14/2006 6:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Looks like a real life rodeo. It's so beautiful where you live! I think the guy who owns the bull needs taller/stronger fences for sure.

9/15/2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Thanks guys!

Ree- yep! It is fun! I have you to thank for your unknowing influence. :)

Susan - Crap! Thanks! I think. Yes, it is now in my head. :)

Jessie - Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I know you are busy. :) Yea, the guy just needs to sell the bull I think. But keep letting him get out for all I care, we are making money on him. :)

9/15/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Thanks, Susan, I never knew the lyrics beyond "Rollin, rollin', rollin....".

GREAT PICS! Dang, this looks romantic.

Of course, I'm also thinking (because this sounds like an on-going problem): "Beef--it's what's for dinner!"

9/18/2006 12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home