Sunday, September 10, 2006

Practical Jokes


(This photo has nothing to do with this post. I just like it - Following WT's lead.)

I like practical jokes. Really, I do. I just like doing them on someone else. I am not too fond of them being pulled on me. But usually I am a good sport. Usually. My McDreamy's job sends him to several meetings every year. Sometimes his board of directors are at the meetings. These guys are a hoot. One of them, Cochy, is a jokester. When we get together we sometimes pull pranks. I think we were in San Diego. There was a store that had magic tricks and jokester stuff, and Cochy went & purchased. No one, except McD and I, knew about it until it was too late.

Picture an elevator full of people. I mean FULL. He did have the decency to wait until most of the people we did not know had gotten off. He took a package out of his pocket, dropped it on the floor and stepped on it. Nothing happened. So he stepped on it again. Keep in mind, McD and I know what he is doing so we are facing the other way trying not to let our inside laughter out. Then it happened.

The smell of rotten eggs filled the elevator. People were gagging, covering their noses and looking like they were afraid to say anything. All three of us were rolling with laughter. We just couldn't hold it in any longer. Luckily he stepped on it right before our floor so we got out and left the smell behind. It was hilarious. What made me laugh even more was thinking about the poor souls that were going to get in the elevator next.

What fun! I know there are some practical jokers out there. What has been your best? This one isn't mine but I have to say that post for a another day.

11 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Heh heh I like that photo too

9/10/2006 9:45 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I love it. Good idea for a few posts...... let the stories begin?

9/10/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Actually, I think the photo does go with the Practical Joke story in some way...giraffe could have been at the San Diego Zoo...San Diego: where you were...location of origination of the smell is prominent in pic...I'm not too good at making practical jokes work the way they should...just not my forte...or should I say my farte...

9/10/2006 10:53 AM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I'm sure if I think about it I could come up with some stories. I don't mind a practical joke myself.

9/10/2006 5:27 PM  
Blogger Mocha said...

I don't know if they qualify as "practical jokes" but something I do with regularity is give the name "Huxtable" at a restaurant. Everyone laughs when they call that name.

"Huxtable, party of 5, your table is ready."

Even if no one gets the joke, I'm amused.

9/10/2006 5:50 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

What a great photo!!!

9/10/2006 9:26 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I will have to think of some...

But - hell, 30 minutes ago we were driving home from visiting the relatives - pulled into town and driving down a side street....its dark. There was a couple walking down the side of the road and the man PUSHED the woman in front of our car. Scared the shit out of me. Thank God my husband was paying attention and was able to slam on the brakes, swerve, and avoid her. Now THAT was NOT a practical joke!!!! (I think they were both drunk, but no excuse for that behavior!)

(freaky - my w.v. is jstdry - as in justdry. no more drinking for me, thanks!)

9/10/2006 11:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

That is classic!!!!

9/11/2006 6:18 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Oh, I hate those stink bombs. I remember in high school, at least once a day someone would set one off.
I have a kind of funny story but will leave it here in your comments as my husband might shoot me if I post it on my blog.
We went to the hospital to see hubby's new nephew. We got off the elevator and hubby started laughing. I asked him what he was laughing at. He said, "Huh, huh, that's gonna suck for whoever gets on that elevator next." I was all, HUBBY, you nasty thing! He was all, "You better just be glad I left it in the elevator 'cause it's gonna be bad."
We go in the room to see the new baby and who comes in the room not 5 seconds later? Hubby's dad and brother. They were talking about how horrible the elevator smelled. Yup, they caught it. I could hardly stand up I was laughing so hard.

9/11/2006 2:31 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

That's pretty funny. The only one I like to pull is when you point at something and look shocked, but there's nothing there. When someone asks "what?" you just point again and look shocked. My friend and I did that to my husband and he got really upset with us because we wouldn't tell him what we were pointing at. Then we started laughing and he got even more mad. Apparently he doesn't take a joke well.

9/12/2006 6:36 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Drawing a blank here, but I KNOW there's got to be some in the vault...thing is, though, although I LOVE a good prank, I cannot keep a straight face (I'm GREAT to play poker with...).

Love the picture....a giraffe's rear. Hmmmm, matches some of your comments, and I agree, your post to some degree :).

9/12/2006 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home