Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sock It To Me

The Cake

Here is the recipe I had mentioned in my 2nd meme. I wanted to make it and take photos, but who has the time?

1 Duncan Hines Golden Butter Recipe Cake Mix
1 cup Dairy Sour Cream
1/3 cup oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
4 eggs

Filling: 2 Tbsp reserved cake mix
2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)

Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp milk
1 tsp butter
drop of vanilla

Preheat oven to 375ยบ.
Combine ingredients. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Put 1/2 the cake mix in a floured bundt cake pan. Then add filling and cover with the remaining cake mix.
Cook for 45 minutes.
Leave in pan for approximately 25 minutes.
Remove from pan and cover with glaze.

Now, if you make this cake take a photo and share it with the rest of us. I may do the same thing this weekend. Let me know if you like it. (Quick note, I do not add the pecans to mine.)

Enjoy!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

I won't promise that I'll make this cake, but I have copied the recipe and made my grocery list. IF, I do, I will certainly post a picture. Thanks for the recipe. When DO you have time to do all of this?

9/27/2006 8:33 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

P.S. I'm also getting my Thanksgiving recipes out, too, just in anticipation of family visiting next month. "Globble Globble," said the turkey.

9/27/2006 8:37 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

swampwitch, I am doing the same thing!! I have a few 'old standbys' that everyone loves.. I am also throwing 2 new ones into the mix this year (T-day is at my house this year, WEEEE!)

this cake sounds tasty and simple, something I can manage. I need a new bundt pan tho. Its on my Wal-Mart list....I might have to bake one of these soon. If I do, Ill take a picture.

do you have any good dip recipes?

9/27/2006 9:52 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

Hey Barngoddess! I do have a wonderful dip recipe. I got it from a friend and took it to my families Xmas dinner last year. I will share it tomorrow. :) Or later tonight, who knows.

9/27/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

I make a cake very similar to this. It's my signature cake and is oh so yummy.

9/27/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

well, dang - wish I had read this post earlier.

I actually just went to the store and ordered a Princess Cake for my daughter's 3rd b-day this weekend. I'll have to make yours another time. It looks very yummy.

Holy cow - longest W.V. ever:
jlmbuauu

9/27/2006 2:54 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Sounds delicious! I'm a sucker for a good cake recipe.

9/27/2006 4:45 PM  
Blogger M J said...

That sounds fabulous. The only things I have in my fridge/panty are sugar and sour cream. Can I borrow the rest from you?

9/27/2006 9:05 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Sounds yummy! I'll have to try it soon.

9/27/2006 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home