Friday, September 22, 2006

Yes, I know Ree!

Wow, I didn't realize that knowing Ree and Marlboro Man was going to make me famous. :) She has turned into the biggest internet celeb I know. Okay, the only one I know. Who else gets 68 comments on one post? I don't get 68 comments on 4 posts.

Several of you have asked how I know Ree. Well, there really isn't a huge story here. I met her at a Ranch Rodeo that her then boyfriend, Marlboro Man, was participating in with his family ranch. She was very friendly and we all liked her right away. She was very inquisitive. I believe it was her first Ranch Rodeo and they are a bit different than just your plain ol' rodeo. She has a great post over on her blog about her studly husband and the rest of the guys winning the Ranch Rodeo. Finally!! There were a couple of years that we just knew we won, but it ended up that we didn't. One time we won. Celebrated. And then they took the win away after further review. Oh well, it was one heck of a party.

I say "we" because for one we have been attending these rodeos with them for at least 13 years. We sit in their box, with them and cheer for their cowboys just like we were one of them. It is funny to sit and think about the early days with this family. Chuckles would drive me crazy calling at all hours of the night. McD went completely bald dealing with all of his crazy antics. :) Okay, I am just kidding. He was already bald. But it has been a ride. McD and Chuckles, M.M.'s dad, started it all with a business relationship. The business included working with Tim, Ree's pesky brother-in-law, and Marlboro Man, not to mention most of the cowboys. He got to know them all. Then he brought me into the picture. I got to know each of them and have spent time with all of them. And then the girlfriends showed up. Then they turned into fiances, and then they married these girls. Which is a good thing.

Early on when Ree & Marlboro Man were newlyweds, and pregnant at the next ranch rodeo , I think she felt like she had to entertain us because of the business relationship. She did a great job. She sat there and had some 7-up, I believe, while we all had our alcohol fix. She was very entertaining. She saved the belching and raising legs over her head for a bit later. :) Man, that girl is limber. Now, although there is still a business relationship, I consider them friends.

See, not much of a story here. WT - sorry I didn't get this posted last night like I told you I would. Can you say pooped!? I collapsed in the recliner and didn't do much of anything.

8 Comments:

Blogger Silly Hily said...

I bet it was actually fun to reflect back to when you first met her and how your relationship has developed over the years.
Thanks for sharing. I'm always interested when bloggers know each other in real life b/c it just seems that we aren't supposed to.

9/22/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Good morning!Have about 5 minutes to spare and decided to use it to stop here. Hope your tests are coming to an end and that you can enjoy the weekend. I love the story about Ree and Marlboro Man. Thanks for sharing it. Now that I've read it, may I be a name-dropper and say that I know both of you. Tee-hee-hee.

9/22/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I don't know any of my blogger buddies IRL.....kinda sad if you stop to think about it....sniff sniff

9/22/2006 10:37 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I know my mom and sister - but no one else who blogs. And when I tell my face-to-face friends that I blog, they give me THE look (eyebrows raised, rolled eyes, the "oh, how interesting").

Do you have trouble remembering not to "out" any real names?

(by the way - my sister "outed" my mom on her blog by saying where she had lived. My mom had tried to keep that private - sometimes, knowing real bloggers isn't such of a good thing)

9/22/2006 11:09 AM  
Blogger M J said...

Can I have your autograph?

9/22/2006 11:25 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I dont know any of my blogger friends either!!

altho a few locals do know me and occassionally visit me :) but they do not blog.

great post by the way!

9/22/2006 1:37 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Thanks Julie, that was a nice insight. Can you believe how Ree has taken off? She's like the Beatles of the blogosphere.
I was recently looking at some of her posts from a few months ago and she was getting 2 and 3 comments (yours, MJ's and mine) now she's getting gazzillions. btw that 68 comments you mentioned is around 75 now.

9/22/2006 5:15 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Yes, I think it is wild how Ree's site has taken off. I've pretty much read her since she began posting. And I've read you too, Julie, from the beginning! I love the way you always say "McD's bank". I imagine a bank somewhere in Oklahoma called McDreamy's Bank!!

9/22/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home