Thursday, October 12, 2006

Harassing Horses

Not pictured: Dandy

Here are the horses (from left to right): Hickory, Ruby, and Babe. This is what they do every chance they get. They come up to the yard and harass the dogs. It is like they are saying, "Look at us, we aren't penned up." Little do they know, they are penned up it is just a much larger pen. Hoss and Mia play right along. Barking and growling until the horses think they have harassed them enough, or get hungry.

Hickory must really love to taunt them. He will take a little nap while the dogs are going nuts. I have to say, this is really very annoying for McD and I. We yell at them to stop but it does no good.

Animals are so much like people. These horses are just like the kids in school that taunt the others. What personalities they have!
===================================

On another note, Babe (the one that got stuck in the mud), is still a bit lame. And around here it is not what you know, it is who you know. So I called my friend the doctor and told him what the deal was. He is the previous owner of Babe and still has horses of his own. He told me that he would call in some steriods for her to get rid of the inflammation. He called it in to our local pharmacy and McD went to pick it up. He walked in and they said, well we are going to need to get some information on Babe since we haven't filled any prescriptions for her before. McD just laughed. Luckily he knew one of the pharmacists and told him that Babe is actually a horse. The man just giggled, that is what McD said, he giggled and said he would just put that Babe is a horse on her records. Poor Babe. She had to have 30 pills yesterday and I think it is 15 for the next few days. She takes them quite well.

13 Comments:

Blogger Shauna said...

Wow! I can't imagine taking that many pills in ONE day. . .Poor Babe!

Did it take you a bit to recognize me yesterday? LOL. . .

10/12/2006 11:02 AM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

LOL! Yes, I was trying to see if this guy behind us was who I thought it was and I glanced back and there you were. It took me a minute.

10/12/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

So, how do you get a horse to take 30 pills?

They are all beautiful.

My grandfather's neighbor had some cows that would come to the fence and harrass the dog - just run back and forth, making the dog run too. It was hilarious.

10/12/2006 12:11 PM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I love that your horses have such great personalities.

30 pills - YIKES

10/12/2006 12:35 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Unless those pills are chewable and taste like bubble gum, no way I could take 30 or even 15 pills aday. Glad Babe likes them or it might be rather difficult convincing her to swallow her medicine. Great pics. Maybe we need to bring Bubba and Junior to add to the chaos.

10/12/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Do you put them in a pipe and blow them down their throat?

Remember Old Sven... who got sick after he tried to give the cow it's pills?

His wife asked what happened.. and he said "Da cow bleeew first!"


Good thing Babe "ain't" a mule (;

10/12/2006 3:55 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

I know this stuff is true, whenever there are horses in the paddock next my place, they do the same thing to the dogs. The cows, not so much.

10/12/2006 4:26 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

oh, they are magnificent! Poor Babe....
It must be funny watching them taunt the dogs!! hehe

10/12/2006 4:41 PM  
Blogger M J said...

That's funny. I picked up a special medication for my dog once and they asked to see his ID.

I laughed. Showed them his "license." Heheh.

10/12/2006 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my site today. Your babies are beatiful. My horses are all spoiled; they stay at my mom's house and do nothing but eat and sleep. They got it made!

Oh wow, how's you get her to take all those pills? I have a hard time worming. . .

Loved your site, you're very talented.

10/12/2006 10:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

who da bosses, HORSES lol

10/13/2006 6:26 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

That's a lot of pills! Poor Babe. It's hillarious that your horses taunt the dogs - they really are like little kids. I don't have much experience with horses (except for one really horrible horseback riding experience), but your horses sound fun.

10/13/2006 9:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Just posted a pic of the new "do"

10/13/2006 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home