Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Traveling Granny

My Grandparents

My Granny is a world traveler. I might have mentioned that before. She is in China as I type this, she left yesterday. She is 75 and he is 78. Grandad doesn't care to travel. He does it when he HAS to, but usually Granny can find someone to go with her. It helps that we usually get to travel with her for free. She takes care of her friends and family when it comes to traveling.

They really aren't the "western" types. This photo was taken at one of their conventions. They own a nutrition store and were being recognized in their company as being one of four couples that had made Senior Nationals (the highest level in that company). The trip to China is a perk from their job. So is every car they have ever owned in the past 15 years. I am telling you, they hit it just right.

I thought you might like to see a photo of my travel partner. She is the one that took me to Europe, Canada (Vancouver & Vancouver Island), Bahamas, and several states here and there.

Here's to Granny having a great time in China and a safe trip!

13 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

She sounds like a lot of fun! Hope she has a great time in China. She picked a hell of a time to visit that region though. I'll keep my fingers crossed that all goes well (which I'm sure it will anyway).

10/11/2006 8:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yeah!!! Now that is the kind of woman I want to be at that age. Not afraid to go and out and do things and enjoy the world around you!

10/11/2006 9:00 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Your Grandma rocks!! I want to be like her too.

10/11/2006 10:14 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I hope when I am 75 that I am as healthy and active as your grandma! That is awesome!

10/11/2006 1:36 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Man, I just love matching old folks. We see a lot of tourist buses in Tamworth and it's a hoot to see bunch of couples in the same getup.

Thanks for the photo, they have been mentioned a bit so its good to have a true mental image. She's sounds like my kinda gal.

10/11/2006 3:32 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

the hubby's grandparents traveled together up into their late 70's and early 80's

I hardly travel now. I hope it happens when I retire.

(last night at art class, one of the ladies announced she was headed to china with her husband ... his job)

10/11/2006 3:41 PM  
Blogger Susan in va said...

Your grandmother is GORGEOUS! And Grandpa's not so bad himself :) Must be where your good genes come from!

10/11/2006 7:23 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cool that she can still do it. Hope she has a good time and a safe trip

10/11/2006 7:39 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

What a cool granny you have!!

10/11/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger M J said...

Awww, they are so cute!

Methinks your Granny needs to take you to Vancouver one more time...!

10/11/2006 9:39 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

What a great photo ! I hope when I'm their age(s), I'll just feel like getting to the grocery store and back. They are a very "cute" couple and it's not difficult to see where your energy might come from. Stayed tuned for a post about what happens when two boxers eat too much Bad Brad's BBQ. Still on this marathon excursion.

10/11/2006 11:46 PM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Here's wishing Granny another GREAT TRIP! ! !

You've been tagged. Sorry. . .

10/12/2006 6:58 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

They are so cute. Tell Granny if she ever can't find someone to travel with her to call me.

10/18/2006 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home