Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Quotes of the Day, Oct 18

Yes, you read that right - Quotes instead of just the quote of the day. I have several sources now. Pam does a great job of sending out Thoughts for the Day to my email box, as she does to several others, I assume. I have also mentioned that I downloaded a wonderful little widget that gives me a quote of the day. And, last but not least, Swampwitch gave me a wonderful gift when we met. I will share more of the gift later, but this part of the gift was a great book called, "Illuminating Wit, Inspiring Wisdom - Proverbs from Around the World" by Wolfgang Mieder (The world's top proverb expert.) Just in case any of you like books like this. I will tell where each quote came from.

Failure is success if we learn from it.
--Malcom Forbes
(from my wonderful little widget)

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.
--Ashley Smith
(from Pam)

The accountant is clever at numbers, but he is ignorant of his own accounts.
--Indian (Tamil) Proverb
(from the book from Swampwitch)

Studying for the accounting test might be what made me pick the last one. But it is pretty funny. I actually know some people in that situation.

15 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

I'm going to try and smell the rain today.... we're sure hoping for more

ps. I went and visited your twin sight
yes indeed... a lovely template, too (:

10/18/2006 10:09 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Hey Ladybug...Instead of studying for that accounting test, just hand in that Indian (Tamil) Proverb to your professor. I'm sure he'll understand...or maybe beer will work. Is there a proctor?

10/18/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I LOVE the second one...that should be my motto...especially when i am stuck in traffic..

10/18/2006 10:47 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

I personally like the first one.

10/18/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Oh boy - that account proverb is pretty dead on.

I had a friend in college who could ACE any test (even Organic Chemistry) and yet, she was painfully stupid when it came to real life situations.

10/18/2006 5:47 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

In the trade we used to say "plumbers have leaky taps" (that would be fawcet to you guys)

10/18/2006 6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julie this is Marnie. This is a TEST of the emergency blogging system.

I have been unable to comment for days. It's making me really upset.

Lets see if this works.

10/18/2006 6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK OK. I can be Anon until Blogger starts behaving. It's been making me crazy.

1. Loved your fog pics
2. I say tap too.
3. I love the first quote. I am going to make it my motto.
4. Blogger sucks.
5. When is your accounting test?

~marnie

10/18/2006 6:50 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Love the quotes! Keep'em coming...

10/18/2006 8:17 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Hey Julie,
This is in response to your comment about photo and the mule...go ahead and email me at :
c1aud37@gmail.com
I'd be happy to share what I do know, but as I continue, I realize it's not that much!! :)

10/19/2006 10:43 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Now that you have to take the second half of that test, I think your idea about the marg might be a good salty one.

10/19/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Robin said...

Julie.......I LOVE the Ashley Smith quote (who is AS?? lol). Through the...difficulties...in life, I have learned to look for moments of beauty. They're there, but you have to look for 'em.

Me likey the quote(s) of the day ;).

Good luck on your exams, I bow to your studentship :).

10/19/2006 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I found you through Ree, and I love quotes!! All of yours today are great..My fave is the one from Ashley Smith though. We always need a reminder to slow it down and enjoy our life!! By the way, did you switch to beta? If so, how do you like it?

10/19/2006 11:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahhh, some powerful words there J.

Thanks for the shout out. If anyone else wants to be on my thought for the day or TFTD email list....just pop over to my place and leave a comment.
♥Pam

10/20/2006 12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the first one but there all intesting quotes

1/10/2008 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home