Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Rambling Randomness

This is a photo P3 took of the first snow there in Creede, CO. Keep in mind this photo was taken in August I think. So they have had more snow since then. I am so glad that we gave him that camera. He has used it and shared the photos, well some of them. Now that his baby girl is here I hope he shares even more.

Today one of the coolest things happened. I was walking across campus under a bunch of trees and the leaves started falling. The breeze was very gentle but strong enough to send a few colored leaves down in front of me. Then I walked past a man filling his pipe with tobacco. MMM! Gotta love the smell of that. I was headed to the library to grab a computer and do some studying. In front of the library is a very nice, large water fountain. Last week it was spewing suds. Someone had put some sort of detergent in the fountain. There was foam everywhere. But I have to admit, it looked pretty cool. This week? Well this weekend is our homecoming game, so someone has put something orange in the fountain. I would have thought they would have done it for "Orange" Peel, but they waited until homecoming. It looks like of cool too. I wonder how much food coloring they have to use to keep that water that Orange. It is really really orange.


This is what I drove through this morning. Fog! Frog! Soup! Whatever you want to call it. I have heard more words for fog today than I have heard in a long time. What do you call it?


Here is some more of that fog stuff. Only I don't think I would want to be on that sailboat. Makes for a good kodak moment though.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

OK so I guess I can stop complaining about snow in October then...hehe

10/17/2006 10:57 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Wow! What an eclectic (sp?) post this is.
Who does OSU play?
I know it's not OU because I think they play CO.
When I first looked at the last photo, I thought it was another moon. Oh no, not those again !
About the snow in Creed, I can see snow on the Mesa from my window now. But, we didn't get any in August.

10/17/2006 11:32 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

That is some thick fog! We always just called it Thick as Pea Soup...but a light fog is a mist. I don't have any other words for it, but "nuisance" sometimes.

10/17/2006 2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos are always lovely. Is Creede at a really high elevation? Must be to get snow in August.

I'm a pea souper myself too.

10/18/2006 12:11 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Snow in August? That is some crazy stuff right there.

10/18/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

Love the pictures! If it weren't for the vehicles and power lines, I would have thought the picture of Creede was taken in the late 1800's.

10/18/2006 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home