Saturday, July 22, 2006

My Summer & an Update on Babe

WOW! This summer is really flying by. When the BloggingChicks theme this time was Summer I started thinking about what all I had accomplished this summer. Looking back it doesn't seem like much.

My summer class was not fun at all! Intermediate Microeconomics. But I wanted a second minor, so I sucked it up and did it. And ended up doing pretty well in that class. Better than I ever expected - an A! This class took up most of my time from June till now.

We went to Creede, CO and spent some time with the kids. See the Creede, Colorado post. When we returned home from that trip is when the excitement started. We found Babe one of our Percheron draft horses stuck in the mud. She was 5 feet deep in mud. It was horrible!! See the Babe in the Mud post. And if you would like to see more, go here to the Photos.

Here are a couple of shots of Babe now.
These are some of the scrapes she got while trying to pull herself through the silt in the dry pond.

She is doing great now! Thanks to everyone that kept us all in your prayers!

Our next venture will be going to Colorado Springs for a business meeting. The kids will be meeting us there a day before the meeting so we can all go to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. This will be the twins' first trip to the zoo. I can't wait! Until then I plan on resting, relaxing and reading. Today I started Angels & Demons by Dan Brown. If you have any other suggestions feel free to put them in the comments. Then it is back to school in August, but it is my last semester. Then my real life will begin. :)

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their summer!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

I'm glad Babe is recuperating.

Here via Blogging Chicks!

7/23/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I pullecd up "babe" in the mud at work and had my co=workers read that earlier this week.

We were all amazed.

From where did all that mud come?

7/23/2006 5:37 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Congrats on the A! Glad babe is doing well.

7/23/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Malissa said...

visiting from BC carnival:)

Thanks for stopping by my place.

I answered your questions on my blog;) but PJ's Patch is my store.

Happy summer!

7/23/2006 6:15 PM  
Blogger Mama Duck said...

Wowie!! Glad she is doing well!

7/23/2006 8:37 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Poor Babe - that wasn't a nice thing to come home to!!! Glad to hear she is doing okay except for a few scratches!

7/23/2006 9:51 PM  
Blogger Pioneer Woman said...

Good job on the "A"!

7/24/2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home