Thursday, August 17, 2006

Random Thoughts

Yesterday McD and I spent some time with Chuckles, Ree's FIL. He is one of my favorite people. That whole family is gold, really. I am not sure how Ree's name came up but it did. Chuckles just beamed! He said he didn't know how Ree does everything that she does. He listed off a bunch of stuff that she does and then he listed off some things I did not know she does. He sat there for a minute like he was just thinking of her and then he said, "She does our newsletter too!" Earlier that day he had given me one of their newsletters to look over. It is a really nice newsletter. Very well done. Good job Ree!!! It was pretty touching to see him beam like that when talking about his DIL.

Re: Beware of the SBD post.
Okay people. I stated that I do not snort when I laugh. I just thought it would be funny to add it. That is why I stated at the end of the post that I don't really snort. I am surprised Shauna, you know me and I have never snorted in your presence. We have laughed pretty hard at some things too. Sorry to disappoint. I don't snort!

Another thing about that post. My McDreamy brought it to my attention that when I was luring him in for the smell I was laughing the whole time. I had forgotten that part. Another part I had forgotten was that he told me to tell him the next time I farted. He really did ask for it. Really!!

Today was my buddy PM2's first day of school! I hope to get a photo of him sometime to put up here. He is adorable, as is his sister. Why do I think it is harder for the parents to send their kids to school than it is for the kids to go? I called him Mom to check on her and she said she was literally sick, stomach cramps and all. This is Slick's family, for all that have been with me for a while.

Oh. I almost forgot. I went to the post office today to pick up some mail. For some reason our mail never fits in the PO Box, so I have to go get the bundle. Anyway, I was standing in line behind a man who was also there to get a bundle. He had the same piece of paper I had, I did not ask. The first thing I noticed was his brand spankin' new tennis shoes. Is it tennis shoe, tennie shoe, or what? Sorry, back to the story. This man had no hair on his body. None! Zilch! Zero! Okay. Wait. He had hair on his head and he had clothes on so I can't vouch for there. But he was hairless. I have seen hairless men before. I even know a man that used to shave for bodybuilding competitions, so it wasn't completely weird. What was weird was that he was in no shape, no shape whatsoever for a bodybuilding competition. Eeewwww!

That is it for my random thoughts of the day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Karmyn R said...

no hair is weird - however, my FIL is completely hairless - ever since he had prostate cancer 20 years ago...the stuff just never grew back (except for little whisps on top of his head). His arms and legs are like smooth baby butt....

8/17/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

Peter Garrett, the singer from Midnight Oil suffers from a condition known as Alopecia areata universalis.

If this guy had the same thing then there would have been no hair under the clothing either. It's best recognised by looking at the eyebrows, if there aren't any its a good chance that's what it is.

Otherwise it's probably Alopecia areata monolocularis, which is just normal baldness. Now don't you foget any of this because there may be a pop quizz in the near future.

Just one more thing....I have long suspected that you and Ree actually knew each other, thanks for clearing that up.

8/17/2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger M J said...

I want the alo-whatever disease. I would save a fortune in waxing.

Except I would have to pencil in fake eyebrows... which would smear or wash off if I went swimming. Now you see 'em, now you don't sorta thing. That wouldn't be cool.

8/17/2006 7:20 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I grew up saying "tennie shoes", but some of my students informed me that I should say "athletic shoes". Evidently, "athletic shoes" is a much cooler thing to say and, of course, I want to be as cool as possible!

8/17/2006 8:53 PM  
Blogger Tiggerlane said...

You KNOW REE? Dang...two celebrities in one spot??? That's like finding out that Courtney Cox-Arquette and Cheryl Crow are friends - except you gals are WAY cooler!!

And m j - a lot of women have their eyebrows tattooed on.

8/17/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger willowtree said...

And what about that whole lipstick tattoo thing! Bbrrrr (I'm not sure how you spell shock and disdain phonetically, so I just went with Lurch from the Addams family).

8/18/2006 12:07 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Jules - sorry if you took it wrong about the snorting. . .I know you don't snort - I was trying to picture you snorting as I said in my comment. . .
Sorry if you thought I was implying that you do. . .

8/18/2006 12:01 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

This guy had hair on his head AND eyebrows. I think he shaves or something. Eww!

Yes, I know Ree. She is a great person. She is even funnier in person. I don't think the recordings do her justice in the burping dept.

8/21/2006 8:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home