Wednesday, September 06, 2006

You Asked - Round 6

MJ, you mentioned that you didn't ask certain questions but guess what. Jessie asked them. Here they are: (WT, you may want to pass on this whole post. If not, I warned ya!)

1) How old were you when you got to shave your legs for the first time? I was probably in the 7th grade. I think the rule was I had to be a teenager, but I couldn't swear to it.

2) How old were you when you were allowed to wear make-up? This one is a hard one. I was, and still am, a Tom-Boy. Me and make-up did not mesh. So, I probably could have worn make-up sooner than I did. I do not remember wearing make-up until I was 15, almost 16. And that was just because I liked Jared.

3) How old were you when you got your first period? (WT - I warned you!) I was 12 when I got my first period. I remember the day. I had some friends over and we were playing in the water (sprinkler, etc). I had on my yellow bikini. I went to the bathroom and couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. I wasn't warned about this. In fact, my parents never gave me any of "the" talks. It was kind of a learn as you go kind of thing at my house. So, I just knew something was wrong. Most of my friends were guys so I didn't know of this happening to any one else. Oh well. I went and told Mom. I took off my bikini and put on panties and shorts. That honker of a pad she gave me would have shown with my bikini bottoms, and I didn't want anyone to know what had happened. Why is it that we don't want people to know? I am sure they had an idea that something had happened. Since I suddenly didn't want to play in the water anymore.

4) How old were you when you went on your first date? I was 16 when I went on my first date. There was no way my parents were going to let me go on a date before then. My sister on the other hand was able to go when she was 15, but not me. My parents were very strict with me and a lot more lax with my sister. You know how it is - they were figuring out the whole parenting thing with me. But honestly they should have been more strict with her. I was the good child. :) Really!

5) How old were you when you had your first kiss? I was 15, his name was Jared (see Round 2). In Round 2 I forgot to say whether it was good, bad or ugly. I really don't remember. I know then at that time I thought it was good.

6) How old were you when you got your first bra? LOL! Oh my! Well, you see, I didn't want to wear a bra. I didn't want boobs. I am telling you, I was a bigtime Tom-boy. Big time! I started with a training bra when I was 13 or 14, then I went to sport bras. I didn't want them showing. By the time I was 15, there was Jared. LOL and I wanted him to notice me so I went back to the regular bras. Oh, aren't we girls silly. :) There ya go. That's the truth!

Now, I was asked about my biggest pet peeve and I responded with a quote from one of my favorite movies. Okay, Tommy Lee Jones is one of my favorite actors, and Capt'n Call is one of my favorite characters. Anyway, the reason I used that quote is because I couldn't come up with just one pet peeve. Tomorrow I will post about that.

10 Comments:

Blogger willowtree said...

Ewww gross! I started reading out of loyalty but had to bail out when I got to the period question.

9/07/2006 5:16 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

Thanks for answering! About the dating thing - my parents were way more strict with me thank they were with my sister too. She gets away with pretty much anything, but I was constantly grounded when I was younger and couldn't do anything it seemed. Which is exactly how I plan to be with my kids, because I think I turned out pretty well.

9/07/2006 6:20 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Ca said...

P.S. To answer your question from my site - Aaron didn't bring home alcohol last night, but I forgave him because he did crack open a bottle of wine we already had.

9/07/2006 6:29 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I had it all pictured in my mind...

you were probably brown from the sun... hair in a ponytail... but straggles sticking out here and there ignored. Everyone thinking you were one of the guys - then one day.... you find out you're a girl.

You seems to have found good ground and established well.

9/07/2006 9:56 AM  
Blogger Silly Hily said...

Would you believe that i don't remember the first time I got my period.
However, I remember my first kiss like it was yesterday.
And are you being serious that you don't watch Grey's Anatomy? I figured you were a fan since you have your own McDreamy. Seriously? Do you not watch it?

9/07/2006 11:23 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Just checking in because I have a wireless connection for about 30 minutes...will read later but saying to to stay in touch.

9/07/2006 7:31 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

Geez - I don't even remember ANY of this (except the first date and kiss thing) - but bra? who knows...period? geez - there have been so damn many. Shaving and make-up?

You have a good memory Julie!!!

9/07/2006 8:11 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

OH! - I first "Shaved" my legs at the tender age of 4 with a spoon from the kitchen.

9/07/2006 8:12 PM  
Blogger SongBird said...

I wasn't allowed to wear makeup at all. My mom was a tomboy and still is. She told me I didn't need makeup! Enjoyed reading your answers!

9/07/2006 10:01 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

LOL on Karmyn shaving w/a spoon. And I don't believe WT, I think he read to the bitter end.

RE: my first period, I went straight to tampons, cuz NO WAY was I gonna wear those honking diapers!!!! My older sis had an unused box in the bathroom closet, she couldn't get the hang of it....but I was determined...enjoyed "success"...and never went back.

9/08/2006 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home